Join the Madness

Monday, October 4, 2010

Mock Me Monday - Letter

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  I missed you all, but I LOVE New York!!  More details on the lunch and other stuff later this week.  

I've only been home about 90 mins and it's been a loooong day, so I'm gonna share another excerpt of a letter to my sis. (translation, easy post for lazy me - my comments in RED)

******************************
From Feb 13,1989 (original letter is 5 pages long.  I'm just posting the 'good' parts)

...First this guy named Bryan told me tha Bob liked me.  He's 20 and looks like Fred Flintstone with glasses. (I've told you about Bob before...I forgot how old he was and I LOVE the Fred Flintstone description.  Which really makes me laugh because I've compared my husband to Barney Rubble more than once.) I could maybe have handled that, but his attitude was (or is I mean) awful.  He does as LITTLE as possible--and slowly and sloppily.  Then he gripes about everything as MUCH as possible. 

...then there was another Bob (he quit the other day) who's 38 but looks more like 60 and acts 16.  He asked me out and kissed my hand... (NO idea who this joker was)  

...Rico - who's finer than fine - says hello to me every day before ANYONE else and will sit and chat with me (but no one else) and always compliments me (but no one else)...(I do not remember Rico either.  Pity.  Finer than fine?  You'd think an image would linger in a brain cell or two)

...Trevor and I get into ice fights and he steals my hat a lot...(at least it's not my shoes this time)... (OMG, I'm dying laughing.  I remember T-man, and the ice fights, sorta...but I have NO CLUE about him--or anyone for that matter--ever stealing my shoes. HOW does one do that?  'steal' implies it was done without my knowledge...and since they would presumably be on my feet...how would someone run off with them?)

...Mario - everytime he walks by he walks by real close even if there's plenty of room, and he's ALWAYS winking at me...(I don't remember Mario either. Sigh.  Obviously I was a bit boy crazy back in those days.)

...Bryan asked for my # so I gave it to him (after he swore not to give it to Bob the Super Slob).  He came to see me Thursday.  He's 26 (don't yell, I know it's pushing it but he's really sweet)...(I DO remember Bryan.  We hung out a few times, but nothing serious.  Another female worker pressed sexual harassment charges against him.  I was questioned, but the funny thing is, I actually exploited his crush on me and his position as manager to avoid doing the gross jobs like cleaning the bathrooms or vomit.  He obviously wasn't harassing me!)

...Mom & Dad don't know he came over because #1 mom was working and Dad was sleeping (zzzz), & #2 I didn't want to bring it up...
(this part sends shivers down my motherly spine since this is JUST the thing my daughter would try to sneak by me...can you say karma?)

...forgot to mention a dweeb..I saw him one morning by accident.  He was a friend of my friend's friend.  (see illustration)


(this is a reproduction of the actual stick figures...I could have scanned, yeah, but this is more fun...)

The next day he wrote me this note that first told me his name (quote "Wayne is my name").  Second, pondered the possibility of a boyfriend (Quote "If you have a boyfriend that is ok").  Third popped the question, (Quote "What I wanted to ask you was will you go with me").  And fourth stated his emotional state (Quote "PS I love you alot").  He didn't even know my name, but he discovered he couldn't live without me...what a dweeb. (I do not remember this guy or his note AT ALL. I was 18 at the time, but this sounds like something a junior high schooler would write.)

******************************

That's it for today folks.  I will have more to say about my trip later this week AND I have a fun little contest I'm unveiling on my birthday...


17 comments:

L'Aussie said...

Ha ha, thanks for the letter excerpts. Looking forward to more posts about NYC, an exotic destination for Aussies..:)

Carole Anne Carr said...

This is wonderful stuff and would make into a marvellous book for teens.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You need to put together a book of all your crazy letters!

Jen Daiker said...

Wow definitely boy crazy!!! I have quite a few letters that look like this. I also have letters that my friends and I wrote back and forth from one another, along with the letters my husband and I shared! It's super fun considering my anniversary is on Wednesday :)

aspiring_x said...

lol! not only were YOU boy crazy! they were crazy ABOUT you! i dated a 26 year old when i was 18, too. my mom didn't freak out at all. i was so surprised.

Bish Denham said...

OMG! 18 and obviously the boys were hot for you too! Dangerous waters. I'm sure you had fun kayaking through the white water.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

LOL. Wow, you certainly had a way with guys. None ever sent me notes. ;)

Can't wait to hear about your trip. :D

Creepy Query Girl said...

Bwahaha. I love the drawing. I think 'dweeb' should defy all age categories. lol. Love it!

LTM said...

OK, I'm so behind on the correspondence, but this is hilarious! Were you in HS still? 38? Girl, that's kinda ... old for 18, yes?

Now you're going to die. TELL about the LUNCH!!! We must know now~ :D

Meghan Schuessler said...

LOL I love it. I was quite boy crazy at that age too! And I didn't grow out of it 'till my late 20s ;-)

Theresa Milstein said...

You and all these boys?! A 38-year-old? You were such a playa!

I like the Fred Flinstone comparison. He must've been a hottie.

I can't wait to hear about NY. Did you have to have a garbage throwing fight with anyone? I hope my tips paid off.

Raquel Byrnes said...

These descriptions are so funny...Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble. You made me laugh this dreary Monday morning.

Edge of Your Seat Romance

Jolene Perry said...

It's amazing what we forget isn't it?
And already - at age 7 - when my daughter says or does certain things I can hear myself say - "Oh crap - guess I deserve this one..."
It starts so young...

Kimberly Franklin said...

LOL. That was hilarious! I would hate/love to see letters I wrote long ago. :)

Shannon said...

I think it's awesome you still have letters from when you were younger. Too funny.

Can't wait to hear more about the trip. ;)

Lola Sharp said...

I wrote a nice long, funny, thoughtful and fancy comment...and blogger error boxed me and it's gone. Grrr. Needless to say, now you are getting a far less clever version.
Mostly I said: The letter was funny and how you had all the guys after you (go young you!) and how I love that you are sentimental enough to keep the letters all these years.

And that I look forward to hearing all about your trip.

And...I know it's your Big Birthday Month, so...
Happy Birthday to you ♪
Happy Birthday dear Vicki*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸.
Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸.*

Love,
Lola

Carolyn V. said...

LOL! Your letters rock! I love reading them.

It's your b-day this month??? Happy B-Day!!! =D