Join the Madness

Friday, October 29, 2010

Ghost Story #9 - Another Guest

I originally intended to post a ghost story from each of my siblings.  As it worked out though, of the 5 only 2 sent me anything.  Worked out okay, I had plenty of filler from my own memory banks.  This one is from my brother. 

****


Here's one for divine intervention:

Back in the early 90's when I was a school cop, I had to go to work early (about 4:00 AM) in order to catch up with arrest reports.  

On my way to work, I stopped by the bank to drop off a payment.  It was pitch black and there wasn't a soul around.  I placed my payment in the drop box, got in my truck and entered the payment in my checkbook.  

As soon as I finished, I put the truck in gear and hit the gas.  My engine died immediately and I looked up to find a homeless person standing right in front of my hood.  Had the engine not died, he would have been flattened like a pancake.  
*****


There are so many more weird things my siblings could tell you.  I'll have to work on them to see if I can get any more stories out of them.


When I was really young (5-10), we had more kids in the house than we had beds.  I usually slept on the couch until a bed opened up because someone was spending the night at a friend's house.  On one of these nights, I had my brother's bunk bed.  In the middle of the night, my other brother (I'm #6 in case you're wondering) woke me up when he crawled into my bed.  He woke up to find a woman opening and closing his dresser drawers and he was freaked out.

Mom said later it was his grandma telling him it was time to clean.  Mom had seen her before looking into the garbage can in the kitchen, of all things. 

Just two days left and we're back to regularly scheduled programming around here. Will have to find something really mockable for Mock Me Monday.

6 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Loved this. I returned from a funeral, my husband's uncle who died in my arms, and on the way home stopped at a service station for coffee. Woman came up to me and put my hand on my shoulder when I was about to sit down at my table and said I wasn't to worry and that I would be fine. I told her I was returning from a funeral and she said she was also. Then she gave me a hug and walked away. I sat down and looked around the room and couldn't see her.
This experience, in different situations, with the same words of reassurance, has happened to me three times since.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That would've been bad for a cop to run over someone - glad your brother's truck died at the right moment.

Bish Denham said...

Cool. I was really sick, in the hospital (9 days with a burst appendix.) I think it was a couple of days into it, the worst part, and my father (long gone at that point) came into my room, put his hands on each side of my face and said, "You'll be okay." Then left. (Maybe it was the drugs?)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

The first one was definitely spooky, but I missed the part that it was you brother. I thought, "Oh, wow, Vicki used to be a school cop. How cool is that." ;)

aspiring_x said...

your brother writes a good tale! :)
you guys have SO many stories!

Theresa Milstein said...

Creepy! My father's mother would definitely disapprove of our untidiness. I'm glad she doesn't haunt us!

If you have a chance, stop by my blog "Substitute Teacher's Saga". I'm hosting a Halloween Haunting from 10/28-11/1. Enter to win a prize.