Join the Madness

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ghost Story #4

(See yesterday's post for more about the things that happened in this house.)

I have 3 sisters.  The oldest has lots of creepy things happen to her.  I'll be sharing some of her stories later in the week.  The second oldest is very talented reading Tarot cards.  It's kind of a lark in our family.  We take notes on the reading and file them away to read later.  LOTS of things she's 'seen' have come true.  So when she visited this house I asked her to put her feelers out and tell me if she picked up on anything.

She said there was a woman with two children - a boy and a girl.  She was trying to run the farm after her husband died/left but she was having problems because she was a woman and there was an uncle / male relative making trouble for her.  This was very interesting because of other things we'd experienced in the house.

I saw the silhouette of a woman in a long old-fashioned dress standing in my doorway when I rolled over in the middle of the night.  Startled me, but I didn't feel threatened at all.  This was probably  the same woman who liked to wake my husband every time he napped on the couch.

Then there was the little girl.  My husband was working nights, getting up anywhere from midnight to 2 to leave.  After he left I would feel someone climb into bed with me.  I thought it was my daughter for a long time but whenever I woke up, there was never anyone there.  The idea of a ghost sleeping in the same bed with me creeps my sister out.  I found it sweet.

Just about the time we were getting ready to move out of the house, I caught a glimpse of her running down the hallway...cute little thing about 4 or 5 with long blonde hair trailing behind her. 

Nothing much has happened in our new house...there have been a few incidents, though, and I'll share those tomorrow.

7 comments:

Yaya' s Home said...

Oy, vay! A ghost in bed. I mean, Eeeeewww! I'm sorry, but that would take some real preparation on my part. I'd pro'lly hafta' prepare myself for about forty years an' forty nights. Eeewww.

~ Yaya

Carole Anne Carr said...

Fascinating stuff, look forward to the next installment! Carole.

Mason Canyon said...

Don't know that I would be that calm with seeing someone in the door and feeling get in bed. I would hope I would be. BTW, like your way of getting rid of scary feelings at night. Thanks.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Theresa Milstein said...

Creepy. I wouldn't handle ghosts well. While I like to write about the paranormal, I'm really a scaredy-cat.

Craig said...

FYI, The next Blog Jog Day is November 21. It went so well for us last year that I thought I would let you know. Sign-ups are at http://blogjogday.blogspot.com

Bish Denham said...

These are some great stories Vicki! How about this one. I used to rock myself to sleep at night. In fact, sometimes I still do (don't tell anyone.) Well, it wasn't long after we were married and I was rocking myself to sleep and my husband said something like..."It was YOU!" You see not long before meeting me he had this fairly regular experience of being in bed and feeling like there was someone next to him, rocking. How cool is that?

aspiring_x said...

jiminey christmas!!!!!! that's TOO much!!!!
i know you think it's sweet- and i can see that too... but I WOULD FREAK!!! :)