Join the Madness

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ghost Story #11 - Grand Finale

This is my sister again, in her own words:


Years ago when I was in my late twenties, and married, I lived in a little house in the country.  Lots of strange things happened in this house...so much in fact, I couldn't get a babysitter anymore.  If I got them once, they never wanted to come back!  So my sister, Dana, who was VERY good at reading tarot cards, said why don't we read the cards for the house.  I was game so we took a deck of regular playing cards. (you can use regular cards in place of tarot, but I do not know how this is done since you really only get the minor arcana)  

In the upper right corner she put a red "X" on each card and made them so they were all aligned.  She had me cut the cards a couple times and then told me to put them on the ledge leading down the basement stairs.  I did, and then came back into the kitchen.
A word about how the house was laid out.  The kitchen had a door which opened and there were 4 or 5 stairs leading down to a landing.  The stairs to the basement were on your left and another door (which led to the back porch) was right in front of you. Along the wall to the basement stairs was a ledge about 5 inches deep and it was there I put the cards. 
After 10 minutes or so my sister told me to get the cards.  I went down and was going to grab  the cards when I FREAKED OUT!  The cards were all messed up.  Some turned upside down (remember the red X?) and some flipped over.  I was hysterical...crying and sobbing because I knew no one alive had touched those cards.  

When I calmed down my sister read the cards and said that an older woman lived in the house with her very mean husband.  He was gone alot and she was left on her own.  She apparently died coming up the basements steps one time when he was gone.  Now I have no way to know if that's true or not and the house has since burned to the ground!  

But every single day I was in that house something creepy happened.  Even in broad daylight!  I could tell you 50 stories about my time in that house, but after the cards, I convinced my husband we needed to move and we did.  Thank God!

****

And that concludes our week (and a half) of spooky stories.  Hope you were entertained!

8 comments:

Mary said...

Do you think the old lady burned the house down? I do. What a horrible lonely way to die.

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

I would have freaked out too. Cool story. And I wonder how that house burned down...

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

!!! Oh that is scary. My heart's pounding just imagining being there.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Time to move!

Bish Denham said...

Now THAT is very spooky! Happy Holloween Vicki!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Great finale Vicki! You've lived quite a life!

Nicole MacDonald said...

Awesome tale! At my parents last house we had some interesting critters hanging about... still loved the house though, I think they got used to us. Wonder how the new owners find it ;p

www.damselinadirtydress.com

Little Ms J said...

I hate being scared. Hate, hate, hate it. Don't know how you guys survived. I would've followed the first babysitter out the door.