Join the Madness

Saturday, October 9, 2010

40 things I love


Tomorrow, I turn 40.  Honestly, I don't know where the time went because in a lot of ways I still feel like I'm 16.  I'm perfectly okay with aging, I don't really identify with or value anything external on me, so watching things fade and wrinkle doesn't bother me.

In honor of turning 40, I have compiled a list of 40 things I love. This is by no means a complete list and this is a transient kind of thing.  What appeals to me today may not be so alluring tomorrow.  So, without further ado, I give you 40 things I love.
  1. my family
  2. sunshine
  3. flowers
  4. giggles
  5. friends
  6. kindness
  7. skirts that twirl
  8. Christmas lights
  9. flickering candlelight
  10. babies
  11. puppies and kitties (baby anything, actually)
  12. hugs
  13. cheese
  14. diet coke
  15. nailing a passage (you know, when you read it over and over because DAMN, that was GOOD!)
  16. making a new friend
  17. learning something new
  18. mastering a new skill (Might just be a game online, but it totally counts)
  19. chocolate
  20. soft anything
  21. a great deal
  22. ocean
  23. a hike in the woods
  24. flowers
  25. contentment
  26. winning
  27. giving
  28. warmth
  29. watching big fat snowflakes fall
  30. anyone who shovels said snow
  31. a really great book
  32. a really great movie
  33. my bed and feather pillows (ahhhhhhh)
  34. my husband's warm legs from November - April (hint my feet are COLD)
  35. laying in the hammock on a balmy day
  36. starry sky
  37. health
  38. humor
  39. happiness
  40. me
What things do you love?  Care to share your top 10?  Top 3?

15 comments:

SiNn said...

hum of fthe top of my hjead

me my children my fiance my adorable beautiful neices and nephews and my family


Books

music

daisies
chocolate
black cherry sams choice flavored water
humor

horror movies

just to name a few

Carole Anne Carr said...

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and lots of love, hope it is a wonderful family celebration, Vicki. Hugs..

KarenG said...

I definitely am with you there on #14 and #33. Well, with you figuratively not literally, esp on #33. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Mason Canyon said...

Happy early Birthday. Oh to be 40 again. Love your list. I guess my top three would be family, friends, pets.

BTW, I have an award for you at Thoughts in Progress. Hope you have a fun birthday.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Jolene Perry said...

HAPPEEE BIRTHDAAAAAY!
I'd give you some things I love but my kids woke me up at just before 7 on my ONLY day to sleep in so family isn't really high on my list.
Chocolate is about to be.

Hannah Kincade said...

Happy birthday!

Let's see things I love:

Tea
Books
Writing
Movies
TV
My Family
The Man
Music
Food
Pens
Paper
Foggy days
Rainy days
Thunderstorms
Crunchy fall leaves
Laughing until I snort or can't breathe
long conversations between two people

to name a few.

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Happy Birthday, fellow Libra! Libra girls rock! Let's see, 10 things I love, in no particular order, are:

1. Hubby and my kids (<-- should that be my top three? *yes!* answers the booming voice in my head)
2. Chocolate
3. That first sip of coffee in the morning
4. Smell of fresh-cut grass
5. Walking the shore, ankle-deep in the ocean
6. Finding out one of my stories will be published
7. The color of the sky at sunrise and sunset
8. Cooking with my husband
9. Holiday mornings
10. Receiving and giving gifts

Have a great birthday tomorrow!!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy :)

Love your list and I agree with so many of them. My top few today would be...

family, friends, kids at school, sunshine, music, Space TV, fall leaves and the scent of turkey cooking :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What is it with women and cold feet?! My wife freezes me all winter long.
Happy birthday! Forty is still young.

Little Ms J said...

I love this! It put a big smile on my face! Let's see...

1. Homemade chocolate chip cookies
2. Christmas
3. My hubby
4. My girlfriends
5. Baby J
6. The feeling after a long run
7. Thunder
8. A brand new book
9. Coffee (I miss it)
10. Crazy dogs (when my dogs get a burst of energy and fly from room to room)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Happy Birthday, Vicki! I hope you have a brilliant day with your family....

I knew you were awesome, but when I found out your loved #13...it confirmed it. :)

As much as I moan and groan about the weather here...I enjoy #29 too...until February. Then I'm tired of it...

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary said...

1.God
2.Family
3.Everything else is on a scrolling gadget -- changing as it goes.

Bish Denham said...

Happy Birthday! Lovely list. My top ten:
my family
my dog
breathing
health
sunshine
water
sitting on our back porch
food
naps
writing

Lenny Lee! said...

hi miss vicki! heres a early happy birthday to you. your list is cool and its got lots of neat things on it. i like that last one on the list cause it real important to love yourself! i dont know what id put on my list cause there so much people and so much stuff i love.
...hugs from lenny

Meredith said...

I love this list! It makes me so happy just to read it :) Happy belated birthday!