Join the Madness

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Spoke to Soon. ARGH!

So I went to actually print out my postcards a minute ago.  

I was feeling fairly confident, after all I'd tested it on copy paper cut to 6 x 4.  Even tested my template out on a piece of card stock cut down to 6 x 4.  Everything pointed to success.

BUT

(there's always a but isn't there?)

The actual postcard is too glossy.  The printer can't pick it up...the little feeder wheel just spins and spins.

I'm THIS close to banging my head against the wall...or secretly buying transparent address labels even though I was told not to.

I'm going to take one home and see if it works on my printer.  If not, it's hellllllllooooooooooooo labels!  
(Or maybe hellllllloooooo typewriter!  Can you even buy those anymore?)

11 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Oh no! That stinkin' glossy paper!

Pearl said...

As a person who until just recently was an executive assistant also, I can only tell you how much I empathize and recommend a margarita, if at all possible, as the remedy...

Pearl

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Can't you convince your boss he's an idiot and just use the labels anyway?

Jolene Perry said...

You can and they're pretty cheap.

Amparo Ortiz said...

Yikes. I HATE printing out those things. Guess that's why I'm always broke from buying them :)

Hope everything turns out okay!!

Theresa Milstein said...

We should have the technology to have printing capability and glossiness. Good luck!

Nicole MacDonald said...

*hee* my printer's havning a hissy fit at the moment.. I printed out like 135 pages and its starting to smoke.... hasn't set the firealarms off yet.. I think i may need a new one :P

http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Good luck...I hope you have it resolved by morning. :0

Stephanie Thornton said...

Yeah, I'd definitely go with the labels at this point. Good luck!

Rayna M. Iyer said...

I'm like you- I hate to admit that MSW is smarter than me, and I would have spent 10 hours figuring it all out too. BUT to have it not pick up the paper because it is too glossy, that is *insert choice curse*

Incidentally, I came over from Leigh's blog.

Al said...

I'm hair tearing in sympathy.

Yes it is still possible to buy typewriters. I saw one advertised recently as an easy alternative to word processing.