Join the Madness

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Short and Sweet


...that's the intent anyway.

First off the family computer is in the shop.  Which means I have had to dig DEEP and find it in me to share my laptop with the family.  I'm sorry to say I'm not that gracious about it.  Shame on me.  I'm a bad example for my children, teaching them to be stingy and grumpy when it comes to sharing.

In my defense, have you seen what the little buggers do to computers? 

Oh, and I think the last thunderstorm we had knocked out my wireless router.  I only get internet if I plug the stinking cable into the laptop.  Works fine for now, but once the other one comes back I STILL won't be able to get on the internet until after they're in bed.  So my blog reading has been slashed and burned...dramatically.  I'm bummed I haven't been able to make it around since last week.  
See?  Sad face :(

Technical difficulties partially account for my absence, but THIS puppy is responsible for the rest:

I picked it up this weekend and couldn't put the damn thing down.  I stayed up until TWO even though I had to get up at 6.  I kept telling myself I'd just finish the chapter, but then I'd slip into the next one and the one after that and the next thing I know its 2.  

This book is the reason why I wore all black today...easy, comfy clothes I didn't have to think about -- because I wandered around the house this morning trying to finish it while getting kids off to school and I didn't want to waste a single minute on something as mundane as clothes!  Hell, the world should be glad I bothered to get dressed at all.

It's the reason I came home at lunch so I could finish the damn thing and get it out of my system.  My daughter had the nerve to make me LEAVE this morning right at the climax.  Ohhhh, it was excruciating putting it down.  

Everyone else and their dog is doing a *real* review, so I'll just say I loved it.  I always thought I was anti-bad boy, but I'm being forced to reconsider.  First Reth in Paranormalcy and now Luc.  I think I've been tagged for the dark side, y'all. 

That's it for today.  I'm tired and grumpy.  MY laptop is acting strange now (probably protesting from whatever the children did to it while I was at work and unable to protect it), and now I'm knee deep in this one:

yeah...might be another late night, dammit.

17 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

This is funny - unless you have your stuff set to automatically post - we're usually up at the same time at night.
Yours is the second smashing review of that book. Sigh. I'll have to go empty out my change jar and see what I've got.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Laughed a lot at this, hope you soon sort things out and the sharing is not so one sided! Hugs..

KarenG said...

I used to do this with Stephen King books LOL. And no you must NOT share your precious computer with the kiddies!

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Thanks for the warning. I'm about to dive into my copy of Personal Demons this week.

Oh, get Linger ready to read after Shiver. You will have a late night...you'll want to read the next one after. I did. ;)

Jen said...

Wow, you just made two authors very, very happy with your positive comments. I'm looking to get a copy of Personal Demons, now I know I should save it for a Friday evening!! Good to know.

As for Shiver, Lindsay's right, have Linger handy too, then you'll be hating yourself when you realize the next installment, Forever, is forever away :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

You sound like me. When i get into a book, I can't function normally until I finish. I might look like i'm 'there' but my mind is still pondering the pages. The only way to get it out of my system is to finish the damn thing.

Bish Denham said...

LOL Vicki! Do try to keep sane, particularly with kiddos banging on your laptop.

Dawn said...

I'm not great at sharing my laptop either...
I loved...LOVED...Shiver. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Get tough with those kids, Mom!

Kristi said...

BEST review ever...added it to my To-Be-Read pile! Good luck on the new one...I had a hard time putting that one down!

LTM said...

mine like to clicky clicky clicky clicky on the mouse if the page is loading slowly. Drives me nuts!

And I looked at Shiver a long time in Borders today... Nicole recommends it--tell me what you think~ :o)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I adore you! That's gotta be one of the most convincing reviews I've ever read! LOL. :-)

And yes, Shiver will keep you reading. But you'd better be prepared to buy Linger next! :-)

Carolyn V. said...

I can't put a good book down either. It's kind of sad. Have fun reading and I hope you get your compy back soon!!!

N. R. Williams said...

You read the way I do...and I have to share my computer too. Two people looking for work on it so my blogging has been affected also.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Ed Pilolla said...

must be a heckuva good book to have that effect. i used to 'crush' books that way, staying up late and going after it as soon as possible the next day. that is great writing. sounds like a lot of fun.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I love reviews that tell the reviewers reaction more than a summary!

BTW...I don't like sharing my laptop either...

Hannah Kincade said...

I wish I could stay up late and read. Unfortunately I wake up at 5 so by the time 8:30pm hits, I can barely keep my eyes open and so I sleep. But I have my weekends free for reading and writing so it sort of balances. Sort of.