You're in for an experience today! In lieu of a *real* post (still enslaved with Shiver don't ya know), I thought I'd just give you all a peek at some of the things that go streaking through my mind over the course of the day.
Oh yeah, you might wanna put the drink down, now. Just in case.
I was thinking about THIS post the other day...the first of the crackpot confessions. And while I was contemplating those nostril nuggets, I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if boogers were pretty. If instead of green cratered balls (or long slimy strings) they sparkled like like diamonds, would picking our nose still be a bad thing?
- Would they establish booger farms where people would go to harvest & sell their nasal treasures?
- Would dust and debris be pumped into the air for optimal booger creating conditions?
- Would humidity levels be monitored more closely?
- Since dried snot = boogers-in-waiting, would getting a cold be a good thing?
- Would you save tissues and find a way to scrape off the sparkles later?
- Would you have a booger jar to save the sparkly nuggets until you could sell them?
- Would you be able to buy jewelry made out of boogers?
- Would laws get developed to control the size of boogers allowed to be removed?
- Would ratios be established based on the size of one's nostrils?
- You know the saying, you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose? Would that actually burglary (or,hahaha boogerlary?)
I tried to share some of those ideas with my daughter...she was not amused. But my mind wasn't done wandering.
Oh no. Not by a long shot.
I then wondered what would happen if farts smelled good?
- Would passing gas still be a major faux pas?
- Would people serve beans and other gas-inducing foods more often?
- Would people run around like dogs sniffing one another's booties?
- And what if they were musical?
- Would there be classes to teach us to master the art?
- Would we record CD's and sit back and say, things like:
- "that guy has a really talented arse" or
- "wow, listen to him blow"
As a completely unrelated aside, I was wearing an orange(ish) sweater today with black pants and my sweater was shedding little orange fuzzballs all over my pants so it LOOKED like I rubbed major Cheetos fingers all over myself. Hahahaha.
How are you holding up? I hope the field trip through the recesses of my mind didn't do any permanent damage. Got any bullet points to add? What kind of things do YOU wonder about?