Join the Madness

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Answer...Again

Somehow I screwed up (or blogger malfunctioned) and posted this answer yesterday before I even asked the question!  So this is old news to some of you...


Yesterday I told you about a timid teacher I had in junior high who had lived in New York.  She advised us to clench our hands into fists if ever we found ourselves walking the streets of New York.  If confronted, she suggested...

(are you sure you're ready for this? Don't say I didn't warn you...)

...to scream like a crazy person and ____  ____   _____.

WET YOUR PANTS

Yes, she recommended wetting your pants as a defensive move. 

Join me in a big EWWWW.

I wonder if she meant it?

Congrats to Wendy & Leigh for getting it right. My teacher was a slip of a woman, and I can't imagine her actually following this advice.

For the record, I am NOT worried about my upcoming trip.  I am excited! I'm doing this whole advice thing for fun...poops and giggles as my mama used to say!

7 comments:

Clarissa Draper said...

So, if we put our answer on the last post, do we have to do it again?

My answer: beg for money.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd rather do the crazy breakdancer moves.

notesfromnadir said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. Like in L.A., you'll probably be asked for money. Bring extra $1 bills w/ you & pass 'em out to the askers. Watch them frown & ask for more!

Melissa J. Cunningham said...

Very cute story! Don't think I'd pee my pants either! LOL Have fun on your trip!

Lenny Lee! said...

wow miss vicki i just know youre just gonna have the most fun time in new york and keep yourself real safe. i didnt ever go there and some day maybe i could cause its got soooo much stuff to see. i could really want to see that statue of liberty. my brother said take mcdonalds gift certificates and give them instead of money cause mostly those guys are gonna buy booze with your dollar. youll get a lotta strange looks for that.
...smiles and hugs from lenny

LTM said...

when I was in college, we had these annual self-defense mtgs at my sorority every fall for entering freshmen... Wet your pants is the classic "I am not attractive" move. I suppose it's the easiest of the three maneuvers~

Lenny's bro has a good idea! Take lots of pix! :D

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

If you have to we your pants...do it AFTER your luncheon with the Awesome Agents! I love Lenny's brother's advice. I think I'll follow that one in the future...

I'd suggest having a purse that you are aware of. I carry a long shoulder strap (cross over my chest) one when we travel over seas...It lays flat on my stomach...I always know where it is.