Join the Madness

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I be concerned?


Just another light and fluffy post today...Come back for the Guess That Character Blogfest tomorrow!  It'll be soo much fun!

My daughter celebrated her 15th birthday recently.  Among the items on her wish list were the usual CD's & movies.  But there were also some you-gotta-be-kiddin-me things like:

a new piano
a laptop
Robert Pattinson (you know of sparkly vampire fame)

Anyhow, I have stumbled across some rather suspicious photos and I think maybe it's time for a mother-daughter talk.

Look at this one. Either we're being haunted or RPatz was standing guard in the window as I pulled into the driveway...


The Pale One napping on our couch????  (I suppose I should be glad he wasn't in her bedroom, right?)




He apparently worked up an appetite:



Most disconcerting of all:


(I guess vampires shower...I mean, they'd have to wash the blood off sometime, right?) 

Then there was this one of him with my daughter...obviously trying to be coy and sneak into the house via the garage.  


 
(LOOK!  He's SPARKLING!)

I know you'll be shocked when I confess it's just an Edward cutout.  I found him at this little indie bookstore and bought it because he WAS on her birthday list.  Good mom, right?

Trouble is he freaks the *#!@ out of everyone so we keep moving him from one room to the next giving each other heart attacks in the process. Shhhh!  I've just hidden him in my daughter's closet...she's going to kill me the next time she goes in there.

Anyhoo, Edward is available for photo opps if you've got any great ideas....



TOMORROW:  GUESS THAT CHARACTER BLOGFEST  See The Amazing Jen at unedited for complete list

23 comments:

Melanie Sherman said...

Verry cute. I kind of wish I could get in on this. A picture of me with him would do wonders for my blog. :)

Hope your daughter appreciates him...after the first glance freaks her out.

Talli Roland said...

You're a great mum to get the cut-out of Robert! Now, where's the piano? :)

Nicole MacDonald said...

hehehe I can just imagine your daughter leaping outta her skin when she opens her closet - please tell me your filming it!!

Bethany Elizabeth said...

That's awesome! Yay for cutouts - they can really scare people silly.

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Lol. What a great mum you are...although the cutout would freak me out too. :)

Matthew Rush said...

I hope that's not a Volvo in your garage.

Mason Canyon said...

You are a very cool Mom. What is Halloween going to be like around your place?

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Candyland said...

Haha. I love it! I need a BR80 cut out, lol.

The Alliterative Allomorph said...

haha, that is really spooky!

Are you a writer? Then you MUST enter this CONTEST!

Dawn said...

I love this. My stepdaughter would DIE for this cut-out. You score major mom points.

Lenny said...

wow pretty cool birthday gifts. yep youre a neat mom for sure. finding that vampire im her closet is gonna be really scary for sure. yikes!
...smiles from lenny

Karen Walker said...

I think you are a great mom for getting her the cutout. And this post just cracked me up. Thank you for that.
Karen

Bish Denham said...

LOL! Very funny.

Jolene said...

Wow. That is hysterical. Thanks for sharing. You can knock the movies all you want but the man is yummy. A cardboard cutout though???
It'd freak me out too.

Ed Pilolla said...

hahah! edward can watch tv right alongside with me. i might post our picture on my blog to generate some interest. it's scary how photogenic that actor is even in a cardboard cut out.

aspiring_x said...

the one through the window is the best! ohmygoodness! it would TOTALLY freak me out too! actually it kinda already freaks me out and it's on the computer screen.. scroll down.. scroll down...
anyway, what an awesome fun family you have! best. mom. ever. ((except for my mom of course!))

Slushpile Slut said...

OMG! Hysterical!! And what a good mom you are...I'll mail you a gift card if you place it in your neighbor's yard around dusk....:)

Tahereh said...

hahahaha OMG i can't believe you actually have one. that is incredible!

Creepy Query Girl said...

bwahahaha! I wish my mom would have gotten me Johnny Dep when I was 15. Alas...:) Edward is kind of creepy in that one though! No wonder you keep changing his place around the house. Great post!

Carolyn V. said...

LOL! That would freak me out a little. I love it! =D

Wendy Ramer said...

I just this afternoon came back from a friend's house, where she's got a Jacob cutout. He was standing in the dining room waiting to greet us but then miraculously appeared upstairs in the girl's room as we were leaving. That sneaky teenage boy...you can't trust any of 'em, even the cutout ones!

Julie Musil said...

That's hilarious! I can't believe there was a cutout for sale. Well, she can tell her friends he lives with you!

Stephanie said...

LOL!! That is hilarious!!! I think I would scream if I found a man, even a cardboard one, hiding in my closet!!