Join the Madness

Friday, August 20, 2010

Blogfest - Guess That Character - REVEALED

Thanks, Jen for pulling together this amazing blogfest.  It's been a BLAST! I'm frantically making the rounds to see how far off base I was with my guesses! 

***************************************** 

My Murphy (yeah, he's "mine"...got a writerly crush on him already) is 17...but before you go doing the math (I'll be 40 soon) you should know that he's an immortal and they count their age by centuries, not years.  So he'd really be 1,700 years old.  No wonder he's bored with his job!


Anyhow, Murphy starts out as a stereotypical spoiled rich kid.  Don't worry, I'll take care of him so he's a little deeper by the end.


He's also going to have some cool powers that he brings to Earth with him...but haven't quite ironed all those out yet.  One will be the ability to make people vomit, which sounds gross (and it is, let's face it) but manifested under the right circumstances it'll be hysterical.  Persephone will make an appearance and she's going to stir up some trouble.  Big time.  But I digress.  You wanna know what Murphster looks like.


You should know I don't follow Hollywood at all.  I know the super-mega stars but probably not as many of them as I should.  So when it came time to find pictures, I had a tough time.  I started out at  Hollywood Spy which is on my blogroll somehow.  You should check out the site so I don't feel bad for stealing pictures from it.  I scrolled through MONTHS of posts over there and whenever I saw someone promising I'd Google them.  Same with your suggestions yesterday.


The first picture I found was of Jeremy Renner.  But when I Googled him, I didn't like any of his other pics--not for Murphy anyhow.  This pic below is perfect for Murphy's attitude though.  Can you feel the confidence? This is also similar to what I picture Murphy wearing in the opening scene.




My search continued.  Then I found Sam.  Mr. Sam Worthington to be precise.  Make his hair a little blonder/longer and he is Murphy!  This is his bad self before he is sent to Earth for a time out:  Ya, he's been a bad, bad boy.






Someone suggested Ewan McGregor...let's have a look:


Definitely a good Murphy candidate!  Doesn't he look like he's up to something there?






Someone else thought Brad Pitt from Thelma & Louise:


Yup, I see a little bit of something there, too. 




Back to Mr. Worthington, I found this one of him and think it's perfect for Murphy at the end of the book when he's learned his lesson. (just gotta lighten his hair a shade, but this is HIM).  Notice he's more relaxed?  A slight scruff on the chin? And ooohhhh sooo yummy! I think Sam's eyes are technically blue, but Murphy's eyes can change from blue to green to gray...part of his watered-down shape shifting powers...he can change his hair, clothes, and eyes but can't change forms (like into a girl or an animal).










To those of you who saw him as a partial dork, you weren't too far wrong.  He was a cool guy on the other side, but he goes through a transitional period on Earth where he is pretty awkward/dorky.


So, how'd you do?

33 comments:

aspiring_x said...

aw man! i thought he was dorky! these guys... not so dorky... this is actually more fun when i'm wrong!! (well, i haven't been right yet.. so i'm just guessing)

Clara said...

Ok so I got here late, but I read your previous post. Vicky, I aint kidding, I thought about Sam Worthington BUT with Ewan's hair cut and nose, no idea why! But yay!

Renae said...

I am loving this character Vicky! Thanks for the fabulous images!
Well done!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I thought of Murphy as mischievous Mercury -- which personality wise is not too far off base from what I imagine you think of Murphy. I can see Sam Wothington as Mercury, too.

Yes, I know. I'm hung up on the Mercury thing.

Amanda Sablan said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to yours! Thursday was just too busy of a day for me. Anyway, any one of these guys would look great for such a cool cat like Murphy. ;]

Francine said...

Hi,

I can tell you Ewen McGregor has a WSH, so I can see him playing the part in an imagined movie!

This was such a fun blogfest.
best
F

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Pft, I knew I was off...but what a cutie.

Talli Roland said...

I like Ewan McGregor. He does look like how I thought your MC might look!

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I just read over your post yesterday and I have to say my mind definitely saw someone along the lines of Same Worthington - great job! :) It sounds like a REALLY fun story too, the scene was fabulous. :D

Jen said...

LOLOL... "He's been a bad, bad boy" Vicki you are so bad! I LOVE IT! Leave it to you to show all the sex-on-a-stick you can get your hands on!

Toilet boy sure is sexy... who would have thought someone so hunky would be involved in something so dirty!

Thanks for playing! Your's was one of my favorites. Your imagination is so wildly entertaining!

Matthew Rush said...

Cool! I guess I wasn't very close but that's okay, it was a still a blast to play! Thanks Vicki.

Today's guest blogger is Renae Mercado!

Meredith said...

He looks like Sam Worthington??? Now I REALLY like him :) Great reveal!

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

I was wayyyyyyyy off! LOL. Hey, thanks for the eye-candy. It did more to perk me up this morning than my first cup of coffee!

Carolyn V. said...

Oh man! I was so close! Great character. So cute.

Creepy Query Girl said...

Those are all a great fit!

Amie McCracken said...

Sam Worthington is so sexy. And having seen him in Clash of the Titans I can see him as a mythical god too.

Summer Ross said...

I think I pictured him a lot scrawnier. lol Love the pictures...and sam does seem to fit.

Emily White said...

So I wasn't even close. I was definitely picturing dorkier than that! LOL! This is so much fun!

Mary Campbell said...

Ooh - I like him. Sorry I didn't get around to guessing yesterday. Sounds like an interesting sexy character.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Okay, I was wrong, but I don't care! I just want to read this story when it's done! Holler if you need a beta reader!

Susan Fields said...

I so love this character! I think I like the Ewan photo best, but I guess I'm just partial to Ewan. I hope we'll get to read more about Murphy in the future!

Hanna C. Howard said...

Oh, I love it. Seriously, hilarious. I'm partial to Ewan also--or the young Brad--but I think Sam works well. Thanks for sharing your imagination. I really enjoyed it!

Damyanti said...

These guys are way too sexy :D

But I lurved your snippet!!

jcmartinfighterwriter said...

I didn't do too badly...and ooh, I've found a new piece of eye candy in Mr Sam Worthington!

Brenda Drake said...

Very hot. I wasn't too off. It has to be a whole lot of wrong drooling over guys young enough to be my, um, er, um, nephew?

Elizabeth Mueller said...

ROFL! Vicki, you're a hoot! Yes, I did picture him as a dorkfus! ;)

Terry Stonecrop said...

Oh good, more hot guys! Keep 'em coming:)

He looks cool. I like this story, and those toilet gods, too funny:D

I was wrong again, of course.

Steph Sinkhorn said...

Haha, I wasn't even close. But I love his mischievous look! Good stuff.

Talei said...

Oh dear, I got him wrong! No probs though I'll swap my blonde messy younger Ed Norton guess for Sam W anyday! Very dishy. ;))

Nicole Murray said...

I saw a spoiled, impish cherub of a kid. I love your choices. Good research!

The Alliterative Allomorph said...

yay! you got my guy in there!!! Woot!!! Love a bit of Ewan!

Christina Lee said...

Perfect-- I can see Murphy in all of them too!

Margo Berendsen said...

What a great collection of pictures (blushing!) I still think the young brad pitt from Thelma and Louise was his VERY BEST ROLE EVER. But I really thing you nailed it with Sam.