Join the Madness

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WIN A BOOK - It's easy!

During a recent road trip, I devoured Kate Kaynak's Minder.  Here's the blurb from the back:

***********************************
I KNOW what you're thinking.  

Sixteen year old Maddie Dunn needs to learn how to use her special abilities before somebody else gets hurt.  Ganzfield is a secret training facility full of people like her, but it's not exactly a nurturing place.

Every social interaction carries the threat of mind-control.

A stray thought can burn a building to the ground.

And people's nightmares don't always stay in their own heads.

But it's still better than New Jersey, especially once she meets the man of her dreams...

***********************************

I loved it.  I'm a sucker for characters with paranormal talents and this one is chock full of them!  

Maddie can read minds, but she also has another power (I won't tell you what it is, but it's the first scene in the book, so you won't have to wait long to figure it out).  You don't wanna mess with her, that's for sure!

Maddie's love interest can move things with his mind (telekinesis...I'm sooo jealous).  Trevor uses his talent during a lunch scene that made me laugh out loud.  

You'll hate Michael for what he does with his powers (though if you consider an adolescent boy with that ability, I'm surprised there weren't more experimenting with it).

Above all, you wanna know what happened in the library. 

Yes, I realize I'm being cryptic because I want you to read this book, k?

THE SCOOP
I ordered this book online, but then I won a signed copy.  Obviously, I don't need TWO copies, so I'm going to give away the one I ordered (sorry, I covet autographs).  There will also be an additional surprise in the box (haven't decided yet, but you'll get a new copy of MINDER and something else fun).

Winning is going to be EASY PEASY!  All you have to do is:
  1. Go to Kate's blog at the Disgruntled Bear 
  2. Become a follower and 
  3. Write "I KNOW what you're thinking" in her comments
Don't worry, I've cleared the blog hijacking with her already, she's cool with it because she's just as sweet as can be, even if she is from New Jersey (hahaha! Sorry, Kate!  If it helps hubs was born in Hackensack).  

You don't have to be a follower of mine or do anything for ME at all.  The contest is open until July 31st so comment everyday to increase your chances.  While you're there, have a chat with Kate.  I'll pick the winner at random and post it on Monday August 2nd.

16 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Would love to join in, maybe one day I shall have time to read something other than children's fiction.....hugs..

Jen said...

That was too much, seeing as I can't truly follow instructions I hoped over, was totally in love with her blog name (disgruntled bear) read her post, commented on it, then came back to yours only to realize I was supposed to write something different in the comments... tricky, tricky.

Book sounds fantastic and I know I'll have a crap load of points since I just love to visit your blog!!! Always keeping life interesting!

Creepy Query Girl said...

Cool! I'm pretty sure I'm already following her but I'll be sure to enter!

Janet Johnson said...

You are EVIL with your book reviews. :) Okay, okay, you convinced me.

Lydia Kang said...

Ooh, sounds like a good one! Gah, my TBR list is TOO BIG!

KarenG said...

I wasn't following her and I liked her post today, so thank you for the recommendation and props to you for being supportive!

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Cool, great contest and I get to discover a new blog and maybe win a fab book. Hopping over.

Kimberly Franklin said...

Great contest! And lucky, lucky you for winning a copy!! :)

Nithin R S said...

Wow. I like this contest. I am in. By what you described about the book, there might be something interesting in it.

Kristi said...

Yay for free fun books! I know I'm in. And I REALLY like your rules on this one!

Talli Roland said...

Whoa, thanks for letting me know how to win the book! It sounds fantastic - must hop over there now!

Theresa Milstein said...

I follow her. In fact, I took a picture in front of the John Harvard statue wearing her t-shirt with the book cover on it. I'm running over to write the sentence right now. What a fun idea!

Angela Ackerman said...

Sounds like a very cool book. :)

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Susan Fields said...

That book does sound good! I just stopped by and visited Kate. :)

Raquel Byrnes said...

Oooh, souns interesting and so cool that you won a copy! Paying it foward...nice.

Dawn said...

This books sounds right up my alley. Bouncing over to her blog to enter :-)