Join the Madness

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Funnies

Okay, so it may not be funny ha-ha, but it should be FUN!

You know by now that I like to play games around here and have a good chuckle/laugh.  This game is easy, and we can all play it!

Get the book you are reading.  Go on, I'll wait.

Open it to the page that corresponds with your age.  

Alternative:  Suppose you're 24 and there's nothing on page 24 because it's the back of "Chapter 2" or whatever...or maybe page 24 is just LAME...then use a multiple of your age.  Try page 48 or 72 or 96, got it?

Now if you were born on the 10th, find the 10th sentence on the page and type it in the comments below.  If you were born on the 31st and there are only 20 sentences on that page, just type the last sentence on the page.

Oh! And let us know the title/author in case we just *have* to go read it.

Okay...GO!
 
I don't have my book with me as I'm typing this so I'll add it in later.  There's a chance I won't get the opportunity, so if all else fails I'll add it Sunday afternoon when I get back to town.

Happy 4th Everyone!!!!


EDITED:
I originally typed this when I didn't have my book near me.  No internet for me at the hotels this weekend, but I'm home now and can play along.


I read 2 full books this weekend, on my 3rd (nothing like a 4 hour drive to get caught up)


Taken by Chris Jordan:
"So you're a widow," he's saying, waving the gun at me like a wand.


Minder by Kate Kaynak:
Rachel saw my attention shift and she seemed to shrink in her chair.


And finally, No Good Deed by Mary McDonald:
Thirst hit him but his body felt paralyzed and he remained on the edge of the bed.

7 comments:

Mary said...

""Can you fin him?""
7th sentence; Chapter 4; pg. 124
*Under the Dome* by Stephen King
Happy 4th of July!!!

Mary
Giggles and Guns

Dave King said...

In terms of everyday reality, there's nothing wrong with me.

Good to know. Thanks.

Murakami, The Elephant Vanishes.

Mason Canyon said...

"Protectiveness obliterated by her touch, Kevin could"

THE WILD IRISH SEA by Loucinda McGary.

Happy 4th of July
Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Wendy Ramer said...

Ooh, this will be fun...

"And suddenly, I miss Betty Sevilla so much that my heart hurts."

Looking for Anita by Me. (a bit cheesy to do, I know, but I was curious to see which sentence would pop up)

And for good measure, here's the equivalent passage from my first novel, Enzo's Mamma:

"At night, a woman with any self-respect wouldn't be seen on foot on this road; else she would be suspected of prostitution and would certainly make a good living at it if that were her aim."

Olivia Herrell said...

"The slight breeze smelled of dust and roses."

Oooo, good one! :)

"Tangled Vines", Janet Daily

~Olivia

Jaydee Morgan said...

I haven't started a new one yet but I just finished Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl:

It was a girl.

Sheesh, not a great pick from this book but half what it's about ;)

Shannon said...

No time to read much, but I still wanted to drop by and give ya a big hug. :)

Happy 4th, evil twin!