Join the Madness

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Question #2

***Was out of town Friday and Saturday, bear with me while I catch up***

********************************
 
 
My brother used to read my diary all the time.  Mom didn't do anything about it, which drove me crazy. I stopped keeping a diary for years because of it.  I tried again when I moved out of the house but then my husband read it.

It's not that I have anything to hide.  My life isn't THAT interesting.  It's just, I value my privacy more than others.  I found myself censoring entries just in case a strange pair of eyes should come across it. But it's not really an outlet when your censoring yourself, is it?  So, my question to you is:


  Have you let others read your old journals and diaries?

I don't mean sharing a snippet, have you ever handed over the book/notebook/computer file to someone else and let them read anything they wanted?


********************************

Come back tomorrow I tell you what happened with one of my high school crushes.  hahaha...that's all I'm going to say!!!

9 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

I'd feel awful if someone did read the only journal I ever kept. I have a sneaking feeling my husband might have done so, but it is so whining and self-pitying, can't bear to re-read it. However, I feel I've moved on since those days, so maybe a re-read might help. :0)

Mason Canyon said...

I don't think I've ever gave any journal writing to anyone to read. It's not that what I've written is so secret, it's just thoughts I didn't want to share to begin with I guess. I've shared bits of stories I've jotted down with my best friend and that's about it.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

DL Hammons said...

I never kept any journals...but I would be furious if I had and anyone read them! ARGH!!!

Lenny said...

i dont have a lot of long ago things i wrote for someone to see or to share out cause i just started writing stuff about my life and how i feel and stories and one book last year. its ok for my family to read it cause theres not a lot they dont already know. for fun i hide it sometimes cause i know my sister is sooooo nosey and shes gonna snoop around til she finds it and reads it. ha ha.
...hugs from lenny

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

My husband read my entry about when I first met my Dad after a 15 year seperation. I needed him to read it, so he could help me get through that period in my life.

Susan Fields said...

I've never been able to keep a diary, but when I was younger I used to write a summary of the previous year each New Year's. I remember thinking once that my mom might have read them when she cleaned out my room after I'd gone off to college, and I was absolutely horrified.

Julie Musil said...

Ok, now I have to come back tomorrow! I must know what happened with the old crush. Talk about a cliffhanger!

I've kept journals since I was in junior high, and I have NEVER shared them. If someone's read them, I didn't know about it. I don't know what happened to my journals from junior and senior high, but I wish I had them now. I'd love to read what my young self though each day, as I'm sure it would help with my writing.

See you tomorrow when you dish!

Wendy Ramer said...

Never!

Zoe C. Courtman said...

I wish I had the discipline to even KEEP a diary, lol :D