Join the Madness

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Murphy's Law Applied to PowerBall

Happy Tuesday everyone!


I FINALLY got all the prize packages sent out from the Blackjack contest.  For those of you who were SUPPOSED to get a Powerball ticket, my apologies.  Everything that could go wrong DID go wrong.  I wanted to pick a date about a month out so that you'd have the excitement of pulling up the numbers to see if you won.  He wouldn't sell them to me that way.  Frustrated, I paid for my soda and left.


At home, I decided the thing to do was buy a series of 10 tickets and I'd keep the first few for the house, that way I could mail the last few in the series out and you all would get them before the drawing.  I wrote out all my cards and addressed all my envelopes.  I was READY.


I stopped at the store on the way to the post office and asked for one individual ticket for the next ten drawings.


I got one ticket, with one set of numbers, good for the next ten drawings.  Just how was I supposed to mail ONE ticket to FIVE people?  I told the clerk again, that I needed TEN tickets, that they were going to be sent to different people.


He messed with the machine a couple more times, but I keep getting ONE ticket with ONE set of numbers good for the next TEN drawings.  Can you say GRRRR?


Oh, and he wanted me to pay for all of them ($30 so far)


Let's make that GRRRRRRR


Finally I said "Screw it" (only slightly less lady like) and asked for ten scratch off tickets.


THEY are good until you scratch them!


So, that is why you got two scratch off tickets instead of a powerball.  I'm really sorry, but either the State of Iowa was conspiring against me OR the clerks don't know how to run the stupid machine.  Your guess is as good as mine.


I was going to post something else with this, but as usual I blathered on too long, so I'll save the second half for another day.  


You can enter the Matchy Match Contest.  Should be lots of fun.  Just email me a paragraph and a title.  Easy peasy, right?

11 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Sounds very much like the clerk had his mind somewhere else and didn't have a clue how to operate the machine. Those type days tend to have a snowball effect for me. Hope yours was better.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Janet Johnson said...

Grrr! I'll growl with you. That DOES sound frustrating.

But on the bright side, it was sure fun playing Blackjack with you! Have a good one. :)

Lenny said...

hi miss vicki! i could feel in your words how you felt real frustrated. its ok cause that sort of stuff happens and we gotta get past it and sounds like you did. im gonna enter your match game. i gotta try to find a paragraph thats not so easy to go with the title of the one im writing now.
...hugs from lenny

Mary McDonald said...

Aw, sorry it was so frustrating for you. If it's any consolation, I won two bucks. :-)

Tahereh said...

awww NO WORRIES, murphy's law is ALWAYS OUT TO GET US.

<3 you

Sandy Shin said...

:(

I'm sorry you had such a frustrating time!

Talli Roland said...

Isn't it funny how such seemingly simple things can sometimes take so long? Glad you got it sorted in the end.

VR Barkowski said...

Yeesh! I don't blame you for being a tad exasperated. Can't believe the clerk couldn't figure it out. Aren't those tickets often given as gifts or prizes?

Carolyn V. said...

That sounds frustrating. I'm sorry. =(

Jolene said...

You got your revenge in the end by turning your super FUN experience into blog fodder!

SAMUEL PARK said...

Hi! I left you an award on my blog!