Join the Madness

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Contest Reminder & Question


To win a copy of Kate Kaynak's Minder, (and an extra surprise that I will be purchasing TODAY) do the following: 
  1. Go to Kate's blog at the Disgruntled Bear 
  2. Become a follower and 
  3. Write "I KNOW what you're thinking" in her comments
Contest is open until July 31st

Kate is hovering in the 90's for followers.  I would LOVE it if we could push her over 100.  I'll throw in something EXTRA (besides the mystery thing I'm purchasing today) if she makes it over 100 before the 31st.

*****************************

As a follow-up to last week's diary questions, have you ever (accidentally or on purpose) read someone else's diary?

What did you learn? 


8 comments:

Julie Musil said...

I'm her 92nd follower!

Read a piece of someone else's diary and felt horrible. Never again.

aspiring_x said...

my sister and i used to read each others' diaries mercilessly. it got so that i would just make up my entries to see if i could shock her. :)

Jaydee Morgan said...

Never read anyone's diary before and I think if I ever did, I'd feel horribly guilty for it.

Wendy Ramer said...

My mother read my letters to and from a long distance friend when I was in high school. It affected us deeply when my mother discovered that my friend was a pot smoker. (I was not, for real.)

After suffering that breach of trust (which lasted for years), I've so far successfully resisted the temptation to read any of my daughter's several journals (and she' only 9, for God's sake). She has given me permission a couple times in the past, and I felt honored. I want her to kwow I respect her, so long as she earns it and continues to earn it throughout adolescence.

That's not to say I'm above reading it if I sense something dangerous going on.

Theresa Milstein said...

I have never read someone else's diary but my sister once stole and read mine.

Kimberly Franklin said...

Never done the diary thing. Or read anyone else's either. Though, I can't deny it sounds like it would be fun to read someone else's diary. :)

Julie Dao said...

Thanks for sharing the contest, Vicki :) I have never read anyone else's diary, probably because I always kept one when I was younger and it was ALWAYS getting read! Grrr!

Abhishek Duggal said...

Follower # 96