Join the Madness

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A question...

Happy Tuesday, everyone!


Don't ask me how I did it, but somehow I rigged it so I can email ideas directly to my blog as a draft.  I have dozens of ideas just waiting to be fluffed and buffed.  This is great!


...except...


Not a one of them interests me for today.  That poses a bit of a problem you see.  What do I write about now?


While I mull that over, let me take care of a little housekeeping.  I know a lot of you unplug on the weekends, so I wanted to let you know about the Matching Game / possible contest I'm pulling together.  All you have to do is email me one paragraph from your WIP along with your title by July 9th.  I'll compile a mixed up list and we'll see if we can match the titles to the excerpts.  Maybe we'll have a prize of some sort...we'll have to see how my bank account is doing.  My email is missvspeaks(at)gmail(dot)com.


Another contest you'll want to check out is Jen's 500 follower contest at unedited.  There were 542 followers last time I checked.  HOLY MOLY, I have follower envy.  Go on over and check it out while I try and figure out what to do for a post today.


hmmmm


I know what we'll do today.  My sister in law left some conversation cards here this weekend.  I'll pick one at random and we'll all take a stab at answering it.


Ready?  (shuffle shuffle shuffle)


Who is the funniest person you have known?  What made him/her so funny?


Ahhhh, a good one.  I've known a lot of funny people, but I'm going to say this was a guy I used to work with.  He's VERY computer savvy, though, so I will refrain from naming him.  He was funny because he said exactly what he thought.  Oh, and he had no shame.  He would do anything, say anything.  He's the sort comedians, magicians, etc always pick out of the crowd.  I admired his ability to let go and embrace his inner dork...we all have an inner dork, but the rest of us spend most of our energy hiding it, not showcasing it.  His cubicle was near mine for the last year or so I was with the company and he made me laugh out loud. Every. Single. Day. 


There.  So who's the funniest person YOU have known?  

17 comments:

Vatche said...

As for professional comedians, I think Gabriel Iglesias or Pablo Francisco, they have the most hilarious material and their body movement and sound effects are phenomenal.

As for people I know personally, I have a friend who hacked into his sister's online chatroom account and pretended to be her, while she was talking to her friends. It ended up looking like she had a split-personality. I never laughed so hard in my life.

Interesting post, Vicki, and write on!

The Alliterative Allomorph said...

Hmm, I don't know. I think everyone's funny. That's how I cope with morons. ;o)

Nicole MacDonald said...

My friend met Robin Williams!! She had to pick him up from the airport (yes this was eons ago..) when he was doing a show at her military academy. She said he wouldn't stop cracking jokes the whole way there and she nearly drove off the road several times *grin*

Megalicious said...

I had a friend named Gary a while ago, he wanted to be a stand-up comedian. Unfortunately he was very shy and drank a lot when he was nervous. But in everyday conversations he was really funny to talk to.

Candyland said...

My husband. He dances. He sings. He laughs at himself (way too much) and it's the reason I fell in love with him.

Jen said...

Wow I hadn't heard about the matching game but I think I'll for sure be joining in on the fun, I have a great paragraph I could send and since my title is in the works it might be harder to Match!!! Love the ideas, you might have to remind me this evening!

Umm I can't just choose one funny person, I have a few uncle's who are hilarious, I'm guessing it's a gene because I've heard it's been passed on to me. I love to laugh and laugh a lot! I watched Last Comic Standing last night and some of those people made me laugh out loud, so I'd say anyone who makes me laugh is the funniest person I know, lol.

Jen said...

PS - Thank you so much for the blog love!! I loved your entries and I look forward to having the judges pick the winners!

You are too sweet! Don't have blog envy, your blog is fantastic! I love knowing I can count on my daily does of Vicki!

Lisa K. said...

I love your idea of a matching game. That sounds like a lot of fun.

The funniest person I know would probably have to be my brother although sometimes I know I really shouldn't laugh at him because it only encourages his BAD behavior, lol.

Talli Roland said...

I find Seinfeld hilarious. Not that I know him, of course...

Your matching contest looks interesting!

Shannon said...

Favorite comedian of all time: Jim Gaffigan

http://s0.ilike.com/play#Jim+Gaffigan:The+Grocery+Store:146230:s33172356.9352497.14431117.0.2.128%2Cstd_e44dfda4476643d6aa942bbe8a85de8f

and HOT POCKETS!!!

http://s0.ilike.com/play#Jim+Gaffigan:Hot+Pockets:146243:s33172369.9352497.14431117.0.2.25%2Cstd_112b82f2b1f549d0a459922dfcb06e85

Saumya said...

Hm, funniest person is my boyfriend because he always cracks lame jokes and does sharp impressions. Other people I find funny are television actors whom I feel like I truly know (okay..getting creepy now...)

Sandy Shin said...

The funniest person I know would be a friend I met in Japanese class -- she's light-hearted and always knows when to inject a joke without being inappropriate. :)

Julie Musil said...

For not having a post idea, this is a pretty darn good one! The funniest person I know is my friend Michele. She used to dangle spit over my brothers face when he was little. Terrible, but terribly funny!

Mary McDonald said...

My younger sister is pretty funny. She can tell a story and have everyone in stitches just the way she tells it. We have a big family, and somehow she remembers all the weird stuff that happened when we were younger and can recount it at parties and make it hilarious. I never knew I grew up in such an odd family. lol

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Amy Cook (@invisible sister) is the funniest person I know, and yes I really know her. She sends roll on the floor funny emails. :)

My favorite comedian is Chevy Chase...Yep, I'm old school

Sharon K. Mayhew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

I have an uncle who is absolutely the most funny man I have ever known. I wish I saw him more.