Join the Madness

Monday, June 7, 2010

Mock Me Monday - The Artist Within

You know the saying a picture is worth a thousand words?  I don't think I can print the words that go with these pictures!

My daughter wrote a rhyme and then made me draw the pictures.  I am soooooo not an artist!  And yes, I WAS trying!

The alligator:



The dragon
(she did the head)


The dolphin.
(I'm embarrassed by this one)


The duck.
(not too bad...not great, but it's sorta duck shaped)



The pig
(daughter says his feet look like frog feet.)


The pug
(please note this is supposed to be a dog, not a pig)
(oh, and that's his tongue hanging out)
(oh,oh...and that's a bug)


Okay, I think that's all the public humiliation I can take for one day.
For the record, I SEE the picture in my head, but I cannot get my hand to create the image.  Hopefully I'm a better writer than I am an artist!

19 comments:

The Alliterative Allomorph said...

LOL!!! That's fantastic. Don't be embarassed ... you tried! That's the main thing :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

They're not too bad. Your dolphin looks more like a whale, but still, close enough! lol.

Matthew Rush said...

You don't have to be very skilled at drawing for doing it with your child to be wonderful. Thanks for sharing these Vicki.

Candyland said...

Better than anything I could've drawn!

JustineDell said...

You're embarrassed of those?? That's WAY better than I could have ever done. Kudos to you!

ANd it's way cute you illustrated for your daughter.

~JD

Tahereh said...

LOOOOL I LOVE THE DOLPHIN OMGGG

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Okay, if you think your drawings are bad (and they're not), then I'm definitely not showing you mine. :)

Jen said...

I think your dolphin is really nice. Trust me all you'd see are stick creatures that I'd call a pig or a cat... they're that awful.

Zoe C. Courtman said...

Ha! This made me smile. The things we do for our kids :D

Shannon said...

lol that was awesome. Loved them!

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Lol. I think they are cute pictures. :)

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Those are great! And awesome Mom you are, for illustrating the kids words - usually I try for the other way around (my kids are better artists than I am, which isn't saying much). :)

Theresa Milstein said...

I LIKE the dolphin!

Lenny said...

hi miss vicki! i love that you and your daughter did this together. thats love stuff for sure. her poems are neat! i like that all the animals mostly look happy and i think you did a really good drawing job. ...hugs from lenny

Heidi Willis said...

What a great joint effort! I love them!

I am the same with singing. I totally hear the song in my head, but the notes come out all wrong when I open my mouth. :)

Carolyn V. said...

I love them! How cute! =)

Lydia Kang said...

I thought the dolphin looked like a tuna, but then again, you are what you eat.
Thank you for posting! They picts and captions are PRECIOUS!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

:) I loved your post...It's okay to not be perfect at everything...I have a painting hanging in my office that I painted. It's not great, but it is meaningful to me. :) Sometimes it's the momment behind the art that makes it special.

Sandy Shin said...

Aw, this is so cute, both the rhymes and the pictures! :D

As an aspiring artist, I'm the same: I can see the pics so clearly in my mind, but they always appear warped in execution.