Join the Madness

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Just A Funny



I got this in an email recently.  I could tie it into something writerly, but I'm just gonna shush and share.    

A  first grade girl handed in the drawing below for  a homework  assignment....


After  it was graded and the child brought it home, she  returned to school the next day with the  following  note from her mother: 

Dear Ms. Davis,


I want to be very clear on my child's illustration. It is NOT of me on a dance pole on a stage in a strip joint. I work at Home Depot and had commented to my daughter how much money we made in the recent snowstorm. This drawing is of me selling a shovel. 


Mrs.  Harrington 


(I laugh every time I see that! )
 

15 comments:

Sandy Shin said...

Oh wow. That's hilarious! I wonder what the teacher's expression was when she first saw that!

Nicole MacDonald said...

I LOVE it *LOL* classic!

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I've seen that before! It's hilarious. :D Kids are so weird. :)

Mason Canyon said...

Oh how cute. I think I love the mother's note as much as the drawing.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

charmainegordon author said...

Wonderful! Made me laugh out loud and that's a good thing. Miss you, MissV. Drop by soon.

http://AuthorCharmaineGordon.xanga.com

Talli Roland said...

Ha ha ha! Yeah right. That's what they all say...

Jaydee Morgan said...

That's too funny - thanks for sharing :)

Renae said...

That is hands down funnier than anything my second graders have come up with! Love it. Thanks for sharing!

Ed Pilolla said...

this is absolutely hysterical. must share this link with a couple friends. nice to meecha. here from lydia kang.

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness. That's fabulous. I love it!

Wendy Ramer said...

VERY funny! I was sure mom was a pole dancer and that the punch line was somehow related. But the real funny was even better ;-)

Palindrome said...

LOL! OMG! That. Is. Awesome.

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Haha. I love that. :)

Theresa Milstein said...

I've seen this before too, but it always makes me smile.

Lisa K. said...

Thanks for the laugh tonight. I needed that.