Join the Madness

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Goodreads

REMINDER:  If you haven't already, make sure you sign up for the BlackJack Tournament (sounds bigger than a contest, doesn't it?).  Sign up here

I just finally got off my hiney and created a Goodreads account.  I know, I know.  Long overdue.

You know when you first log on, it wants you to rate all those books?

I'm ASHAMED at how many I haven't read.

ASHAMED I tell you.

What's worse is that I OWN almost all of them!

Dear God in Heaven, what have I been reading all these years?

Actually, by the time I got to the bottom, I figured it out.  I've been reading a lot of classics and women's fiction.

I have eclectic taste, apparently.

Anyhow, I have absolutely no idea really how to navigate around the site yet, if you have tips/tricks/must sees or must NOT dos, let me know so I don't look like too much of a dufus since I signed up with my real name. ACK!  

I'm unplugging this weekend so I can HOPEFULLY get the first person rewrites done so I can get back into writing NEW stuff.


Happy Saturday all! 

9 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Way to go for signing up on good reads Vicki! I have a huge tbr list. It's so sad.

Have a great weekend unplugged, I hope you get tons of rewrites done!

Maribeth said...

Vicki Unplugged.
You're a star.
Maribeth
Giggles and Guns

Palindrome said...

Thanks for the reminder! I've been a little behind on the blog reading this week...and every week. ;p

Have a great weekend!!

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Yay for signing up on Goodreads. I'm on there too and still haven't added all the books I've read...yet. lol. Have a good unplugged weekend. :)

Sandy Shin said...

Yay! I'm glad you're on Goodreads now. I don't use it much, but it's infinitely useful. :)

And good luck with your unplugged weekend! Hope you'll get a lot of rewrites done.

Renae said...

Goodreads is great! I still have tons of books ot add so don't feel bad! It's addictive though I warn you!

Lola Sharp said...

I've never been to good reads...hmmm.

I hope your unpluggedness is going well and that you're accomplishing a lot.

Cheers! *clink*

Shannon said...

I haven't been to good readers, either. Eeep - more things to add to the list. Blast you! :)

Heidi Willis said...

You are doing awesomely on your PADC! I can't believe you wrote 9 and 18 pages last weekend!!

I unplug over the weekends, too... but that means all kinds of unplugging, including I get no writing done. At least this past one. Overall, though, I'm still ahead. :)