Join the Madness

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

EPIC Contest


It's time to celebrate 100 followers with the 



I'm going to make this ridiculously easy on you guys, and it's going to be FUN!

To participate, all you have to do is 
(a) be a follower and 
(b) comment on this post.  

That's IT!

Am I crazy or what?

You may be thinking, "Well, that's nice I don't have to fill out a form or count up a bunch of points or jump naked through flaming hoops...but where's the FUN you promised?  And when are you going to tell us what prizes are up for grabs so I know whether or not I want to enter?"

(Don't go lookin' all coy.  You know the prizes matter!)

We're going to play 

   

Here's the DEAL (hahaha, pun very much intended!)

  • You have two weeks to sign up on THIS post.  
  • On Tuesday June 15th, I will deal all players two cards.
  • I will post everyone's cards on my regular morning post.  
  • The first 3 who hit 21 will win.  
  • If no one hits 21, or if there are prize packages left up for grabs, we'll go to round two where you can choose to draw another card by saying HIT ME in the comments section.
If you want to increase your odds, I've got a BONUS offer for you. 

Wow, this just keeps getting BETTER doesn't it?

To get an extra hand, tweet and/or blog about the contest.  My lovely daughter set up a twitter account for me just for this grand occasion. Include me at @Vicki_Rocho so I can keep track.  You can follow me on Twitter of you want but I don't really have any plans to start tweeting anytime soon.

NOTE:  Because this is a random card generator (thank you random.org/playing-cards), and since I will be doing a fresh deal for each of your hands, the odds of winning will be different than if I were using a real deck of cards where the face cards and aces are limited.

We'll play until I'm out of loot.

Now, for the prize packages:

Prize Package #1: 
$25 Visa gift card.  Can't get to Vegas on it, but you can buy yourself a poker book.  Buy yourself dinner or go crazy in the dollar store, whatever.  Almost as good as cash.

Prize Package #2: 
An assortment of Mary Kay products.  I'm not sure how to put a value on this.  My sister is a distributor and I'm hoping she'll cut me a good deal.  As this is not assembled yet, you can state preferences for colors or products if you are the winner.
(NOTE: I swear you will NOT be put on any mailing list or receive any harassing phone calls or emails. I'll pick up the stuff from her and mail to you so no one will have your information except me.)

Prize Package #3: 
$10 Blockbuster gift card and everything you need to enjoy a movie night on me. (ahem, in my opinion, I'm not sending you a flat screen or a DVD player no matter how much it would enhance your viewing experience).

Runners up:  
I will send one PowerBall ticket for an upcoming drawing to five runners up.  The odds of winning PowerBall are roughly equal to getting published (or maybe they're better--hahaha!).  If you DO win something, let me know and I will help you collect your prize since not all states have PowerBall.  I will even give you the option of picking your own numbers if you want.

Sooo, what are you waiting for?  Sign up below and start spreading the word!   

EDITED TO ADD: Woops, forgot to let you know it's open internationally. Shipping for #2 & 3 will be more, but I don't want to exclude anyone.  PowerBall tickets can be checked online and are good for a year, so if you do win, there's plenty of time to mail it back to me so I can help you cash in.  And the Visa card (I believe) can be used anywhere, the computer will take care of the currency conversion.

31 comments:

SiNn said...

hey this sounds really really fun count me in

miss ali said...

damn me for living in australia! it DOES sound fun! good luck to everyone! :)

JustineDell said...

Sweeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Count me in!
Congrats on reaching 100!!

Matthew Rush said...

Hit me! Oh wait ... that comes later.

Mary McDonald said...

You are not crazy, and this IS the coolest contest ever. :-) Deal me in!

Carolyn V. said...

100 followers? Sweet! Way to go!!!! =D

Wendy Ramer said...

Commenting now. And will tweet too.

Jen said...

Way to go Vicki! I'm loving this contest, for sure count me in!! Nothing like a little gambling to start the day off right!!! This evening I'll give you a little shout out for sure!

Lenny said...

hi miss vicki! you know i love contests so please i want to be in this one. wow 100 following you. thats neat! ...hugs from lenny

Talli Roland said...

Yay! Great prizes and it's international! Thank you - awesome contest!

Sandy Shin said...

This sounds like such, such fun!

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Yay. Fun contest Vicki. I've never played Blackjack so this should be interesting. :)

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Congrats on reaching 100 followers!! Whoot!!

Dawn said...

Great spin on this contest, darling. I'm in! (and proud to be among your 100 followers...)

Simon C. Larter said...

Oh, that's just fun enough for me to enter. Great idea, good lady! :)

(Off to tweet now. Yes, I'm slightly addicted to Twitter. Yes, it's possible to have a "slight" addiction. At least, if you have a gift for understatement, that is.)

Janet Johnson said...

How fun! Congrats on the 100. Very cool.

Now I'm counting on getting an Ace and a king first round. kay? ;)

kfbunny said...

Congrats. I'm in.

Renae said...

Congrats on 100 followers! Great contest!

Tory said...

Not too good at poker, but I love the idea! Congratulations!!!:)

Creepy Query Girl said...

Awesome contest idea! I'm in! Sorry I didn't see this before- for some reason whenever I tried to see your blog, my antivirus went nuts but it looks like the problems over now! Thanks goodness, I was going through missV withdrawal:)

India Drummond said...

OOh what fun! Signing up to follow you now!

Theresa Milstein said...

That is the coolest contest ever. I'm already a follower, so I'm in!

Theresa Milstein said...

I'll also add this contest to the top of my blog. Extra!

miss ali said...

awesome vicki! thanks for the editors notes and sorry i didn't get back here sooner! i am soooooooo in! HIT ME! yew!

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

OK, I'm in. But I stink at cards. So there's that. But I AM following you now, so that's a win! :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Cool contest...I'm not quite sure of the rules, but I choose an ace and a ten. (LOL)

Kristi said...

Sweet! Deal me in! :-)

Zoe C. Courtman said...

Awesome!! Deal me in! And I tweeted :D

Shannon O'Donnell said...

What a fun and original contest idea! I love it when the requirements are easier. I found you through Teresa Milstein's blog - and I'm so glad I did! :-)

Raquel Byrnes said...

This is so cool! Good luck to everyone.

Kimberly Franklin said...

Very cool contest!! I want to win!! :) And congrats on your 100 followers.


On a side note: For some reason, I can't add you to my blog buddy list. I can't find your blog in my list, even though I follow and when I try to add by URL it just freezes up. Every time. I guess the universe doesn't want us to be friends. HA! Look out universe, I don't follow rules. :)