Join the Madness

Friday, June 18, 2010

Another Win - Call for Help - and Eye Candy

First, I've got a page open for you to enter titles of your books, or your friend's books.  I have a list, but I didn't want to offend anyone by putting it up and having accidentally omitted someone.

Second, there's a poll thingy off to the side about contest prizes.  I was contemplating this today, just wondering what the consensus is.

Now, I've got three important items to discuss today.  Here, let me provide an agenda so you can follow along at home:

Another Win
Call for Help
Eye Candy (aka Vicki learns her lesson)

First, my winning streak continues.  I won a signed copy of Minder by Kate Kaynak at Disgruntled Bear yesterday!  You may have heard my squeal of excitement last night around 6:30 Central time?   If you've not been there, take a second and make a quick hop over to her blog.  Not sure how long the give aways are scheduled to last, but it's a fun place to hang out even without the freebies!

Anyhow,  a HUGE thank you to Kate for the book.  I'm excited to read it!

Let's see, where are we at on our agenda?

Another Win
Call for Help
Eye Candy (aka Vicki learns her lesson)

Ahhh, yes.  The call for help.  You are a helpful bunch.  If a fellow blogger needs a hand, I know you're right there ready to lend it.  Well, we've got a blogger in need, ladies and gents.  Our own DL Hammond is seeking to find a blogger from every state in the U.S. and he's missing a few.  I think this is such a cool undertaking, I would've done the same thing had I, you know, THOUGHT of it.  ANYWAY, go stop by his blog and see what states (or countries for you internationals) he still needs. If you (or someone you know) lives in one of the key areas, please give him a follow and comment on THIS thread

A big thank you for just taking a peek!

Okay okay....where's my agenda?

Win
Call for Help
Eye Candy (aka Vicki learns her lesson)

Ahhh, the eye candy.  Do you think I placed that at the end on PURPOSE to lure you through the post?  Yeah, you're right.  I know what motivates you ladies! hahaha.

Anyhow, I've gotta say I'm not much of a sports fan.  Hubs fills that role adequately for both of us, so I have time for other things.  Rather nice of the man, to take that burden off my shoulders, isn't it?

Well, as you may have heard, there's been a whole lot of buzz goin' on about the World Cup.  I haven't been paying much of attention because, well, it's sports.  But then, I saw THIS.

I think I may be the world's biggest soccer fan now.  Would you look at those legs?  Those arms?  Well, just look at THEM!  I was going to post one or two of my faves, but I literally could not decide!  Hubba hubba.   The lesson I learned?  I can learn to like sports....hahaha!

Have a great weekend everyone!!! 

18 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks for the shout, Vicki!

BTW, today (Friday) is the last day of the Virtual Launch Party giveaways, so I hope folks will stop by and comment for a chance to win!

Jen said...

Wowza I think I might love soccer too now! Thanks for the awesome link, I think I might visit that a few times today!!

Lenny said...

hi miss vicki! youre making me laugh cause of being a fan cause of how those guys look. ha ha. me and my brothers are fans for how they play and we been watchin the matches. my sister is with you on how they look. ...hugs from lenny

Creepy Query Girl said...

Oh yes. Gourcuff, gourcuff. He's the whole reason I watch France play. What. A. HOTTIE.

DL Hammons said...

That is sooooo nice of you to include that shout-out for me Vicki! I have more confidence than ever that I will achieve my goal(given that somebody in South Dakota actually does blog). :)

I used to play soccer...does that count?

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Oh, baby. Nice eye candy!!!

I love soccer guys' bods. Very hot!

Have a great weekend!

Dawn said...

So, I'm rooting for Italy because my family will lynch me if I don't, but secretly I'm just rooting for THAT man. Nice. Thanks!

Lydia Kang said...

Ah yes, soccer bodies are quite nice.
I'm sad that Korea got blasted out of the cup. Oh well!

Tahereh said...

*FANS SELF*

Genie of the Shell said...

I'm not into sports either... but these pics are exactly the reason I'd rather watch soccer than American football any day!

Julie Musil said...

He's delish!!!! Thanks for the candy! And I'll hop over to the 50 states blog, even though he probably already has California!

And thanks for stopping by my blog. I can almost guarantee 100% that there are geocaches really close to you. I live in the middle of nowhere, and there are several around me. My kids have a blast searching for this stuff. When you go, make sure you bring a little trinket so your son can trade with something already in the cache. Good luck!

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

I'm not into sports either, but hot players help. ;)

Susan Fields said...

Congrats on your win! I loved looking at the pics, but I don't think even the eye candy can turn me into a sports watcher, there's just too much stuff I gotta get done.

Janet Johnson said...

I love soccer . . .even without the eye candy. :)

Congrats on the win! Very cool. :)

Jaydee Morgan said...

Congrats on your win and how smart of you to leave the eye candy to the last ;)

And like was noted, it definitely was worth the wait!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

You are so funny with your list. Love it.

Thanks for pointing me to DL. I knew a while back he'd been looking for peeps from around the world, but I don't think I told him my specific state.

Congrats on the win, too!! And isn't soccer just grand? I could live off David Beckham. Like seriously, I'd just hang on his back like a monkey.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I love DL! I hope he makes his goal. And while I like soccer, no eye candy can beat a good baseball player. :-)

miss ali said...

*drool* dang now my keyboards all wet!