Join the Madness

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Truth Behind Vegas Baby Shower...

I gotta say you guys are fantastically talented (and just a little wicked).  I was laughing my butt off all day yesterday, with all your Vegas explanations.


If you are just passing through and want to see what the fuss is about, go here.  I was going to try and weave them all into some collossal craziness, but I'm tired and still need to write, so I'll give you the real explanation then I'm going to go hide in a dark space and write my fingers off.  HEY!  With hubs gone I can take the laptop to bed.  woo hoo.


So the real story...Maribeth was the closest to the truth.

First of all,  we were BOTH invited to the shower.  But we couldn't get someone to stay with the kids for the weekend, and it was too expensive to take ALL the kids.

Second, hubs is on vacation all next week so it made sense to send him. 

Then, of course, it's the matter of who the shower is for.  It's for one of his best friends.  (okay for his girlfriend).  Yeah, he's my friend too but if only one of us could go it made more sense for it to be him.  

For the record, there IS going to be a round of golf, some gambling, and probably some strippers too.  We can only hope that illegitimate children, mafia, and golden showers do NOT become part of the story this weekend.  

Oh, and the FINAL reason that he went to Vegas solo is that I went last fall and I'm going to New York in October!  SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!  I think I got the better end of the deal, personally.


On another note, I bet most of you saw the Fantabulous Tahereh's bookshelves on Friday.  As luck would have it, I took pictures of my bookshelves Thursday night to post Sunday.  They are just regular ol' shelves, nothing as artsy and cool as hers...but I LOVE looking to see what other people have on their shelves so I thought I'd share.  I'd LOVE it if y'all posted pictures of your mini-libraries so I could oooh and aaaah.  

I'm rearranging bedroom furniture today and celebrating Miss K's 9th birthday on Sunday.  What about you?  What plans do you have?

And for a bit of fun:  Video Link

9 comments:

Maribeth said...

I think you 'won' the better trip. On the other hand look at what you can accomplish while he's gone. You can look forward to New York, New York!
Maribeth
Giggles and Guns

Janet Johnson said...

Definitely the better end of the deal. Enjoy the time!

When my husband's out of time, it's early bedtimes with no fuss. I get so much done!

Talli Roland said...

NEW YORK! Much, much better than Vegas. You certainly got the better deal!

Theresa Milstein said...

A trip to NY in October. It's a great time of year to go. Have fun!

I loved Tahereh's bookshelves too. I'm just a little jealous of them + the shoes.

This morning, I watched my daughter play soccer while my son kicked around a ball with his friend in Cambridge Common. Then we went to Dunkin' Donuts. This afternoon it's been chores, but my husband and I are meeting with friends for dinner.

Tomorrow, I'm off with a friend to buy each other belated birthday gifts. Two months late!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend. :)
Plus, posting about bookshelves. Yay. Thanks for the inspiration - and request - I shall have to post a pic of mine for you to see. :)

Dawn said...

Yep, I agree, you got the better trip. I can take or leave Vegas, but am entirely seduced by New York.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Enjoy your writing time. :) When my hubby's gone, we throw the rule book out the window...we stay up late writing, reading and playing on the computer...I cook one huge pan of something and we eat it all week...Have a great time MissV and family...

MissV said...

Was unexpectedly derailed today. I was just finishing up my bedroom re-organization when my sister arrived. I thought she was coming Sunday! It was a nice surprise, I just wasn't able to get online. Tomorrow will be much the same with Miss K's birthday and hubs coming home again.

The GOOD news is my sister has helped me to remember several more Mockable moments, some of which are CLASSICS.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Wendy Ramer said...

I like my story better ;-)