Join the Madness

Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Truth About the Chicken

I used to work with a bunch of engineers. When either the hardware or software wasn't working, they would joke about waving a chicken over the machine as a last resort.  Finally, I bought them a rubber chicken off some joke site and it was the office mascot for a long time. For all I know, it's still there somewhere.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago.  Sister had a trip to London scheduled RIGHT when that troublesome Icelandic ash cloud shut the airports down.  I offered to sacrifice my voodoo chicken to clear the ash cloud and don't you know they reopened the airports the day before her trip.

Sooooo, same sister has had her house on the market since last fall.  She just got an offer, but it was a little low.  She countered, but didn't have a lot of hope as the couple were really close to the top of their budget.  That's when I said that I was crossing everything I had and would keep talking to my voodoo chicken...so that her house would sell.

AND, I'm proud to announce that they came back with a better offer and she accepted.  YAY!  I'm telling you, my chicken has got da POWER!  (There's a sentence I didn't think I would ever utter).

9 comments:

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Can you wave the magic chicken over us all now Vicki? I think it's powers are awesome. :)

Wendy Ramer said...

I bet we'd all sacrifice a chicken (or two) for the chance to be picked up by a major publisher.

Sandy Shin said...

LoL, that's really awesome! I am in awe of your chicken's power!

Angela Ackerman said...

Sweet. Can you shake your magic chicken over my blog so I get a book deal?

Great story!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Julie Musil said...

I want that chicken waved over my manuscript too!

I have something for you on my blog today.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Good on the chicken, yes, I'll borrow it too!

Lisa and Laura said...

Nice!

Lenny said...

ha ha that voodoo chickee is real neat. my brother said its called poultry power. ha ha
...hugs from lenny

Culture Served Raw said...

haha nice work but those things are scary!! funny post