Join the Madness

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thankful Thursday

We interrupt this blog post for this newsflash:
I found this link last night on why queries get rejected...scroll to the bottom if you only have a second -- there's a handy dandy pie chart!

Now we return to your regularly scheduled post...already in progress.

We should all count our blessings from time to time.  It's easy to be grateful for good health, being employed, etc.  But sometimes blessings come in unusual packages and it's to our benefit to recognize them as such.  This is good advice if you have children.

Especially if you have children.

I had a learning opportunity like this recently.

It was just another morning.  Hectic, yes, but I was ahead of the curve.  

Son had boarded the bus and was on his way to school.  
The girls were dressed and fed.  
The younger daughter was waiting for her friends to come over so they could walk to school together.  
The oldest was in her room doing whatever it is she does in there.

I was dressed and ready to go. 

This alone is quite a lot to be grateful for.  Any morning without a crisis is a good thing.

So

there I was

in the bathroom.

I saw something on the floor.  

I assumed it was a piece of plastic (also known as mistake #1)
...it was about 4 inches long and an inch wide on one end and maybe a quarter inch wide at the other end.  
This mystery object was reflecting the light, which is the only reason I happened to see it.

I (being a seasoned mother of three) grabbed a tissue to pick it up.

I'm so so so so so sooooooooooooooo grateful I grabbed that tissue.

I mean I was REALLY REALLY REALLY grateful.

It was a giant loogie on my bathroom floor.

Evidently one of my children sneezed and didn't realize they left it behind.

I'm going to ASSUME they didn't see it flying outta their nose or else I'd have to hurt them for leaving it on my floor. (shudder)

I'm also so so so sooooooo grateful I didn't step in it.  

I was barefoot.

See?  Gratitude comes in all kinds of strange places and packages.  

Tell me what you're thankful for...(and if you're stumped, you can always be grateful I did NOT post a picture of a loogie with this story)

22 comments:

Shannon said...

lol, that's great that you can see the simplicity in the simplicity of things.

I am grateful that I'm caught up on my workload and that I work from home so I can now (at 6am) go to bed for a couple of hours. Mmm. Bed.

Shannon said...

the he simplicity in the simplicity of things? Wow. I'm tired. :p

Theresa Milstein said...

This post was informative, feel-good, and then gross. It was a roller coaster post! Thanks for the laugh.

And thanks for the link. I'm a big fan of pie charts.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Yes, very grateful! I'm grateful for my husband, and at my age just for being alive! :0) Hugs..

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

I am grateful you didn't post a picture. :) Other than that, I'm grateful for supportive family, friends and the entire blogging community.
Oh, and the link is awesome. :)

Jen said...

Haha just as I was about to type something I saw Lindsay had already said it!! I'm grateful you didn't post a picture because that sounds gross!!

I am grateful for my husband, since work has been a complete bust lately and I've had issues with a co-worker it's nice to know that my husband is there to pick up the pieces and so is my family!

Candyland said...

EWWW! Did not see where that story was going as I read with curious eyes! Ha! I'm grateful for my hubs and baby girl. They keep me *sane*

Maribeth said...

Why do mystery writers always think weapon? ;)
I loved the imagery. My 10 year old grandson would have preferred the picture!
Maribeth
Giggles and Guns

Stephen Tremp said...

Very good story telling. Suspenseful. Full of intrigue. And humor. In March I posted of my colonoscopy, if nothing else to inspire people to get one since colon cancer is so easily treatable if caught early. I posted pictures of flowers and other serene sights for the reader and told them to be thankful I didn't post actual pictures taken from my Internest.

Stephen Tremp

Wendy Ramer said...

Thanks for not posting the picture ;-)

laurel said...

I can't tell you how many times I've been stressed about running late, only to later pass a nasty accident on the highway just up the road. Two minutes earlier on the road, that could've been me in the ambulance. Then am I ever thankful for the pantyhose run or forgotten cell phone!

Matthew Rush said...

That link was awesome, thanks MissV!

Creepy Query Girl said...

Ewe! lol. thanks for the link!

Dawn said...

LOL. I AM grateful you didn't post a pic. I'm also thankful I've discovered your blog :-)

Elana Johnson said...

Holy gross! I'm so using a tissue whenever I see something suspicious from this day forward.

Talli Roland said...

Ahhaha! Talk about simple things making us happy. For good reason! This was hilarious, MissV!

Lydia Kang said...

That is fabulously disgusting. Thanks for the reminder to use a tissue for UOOTF (Unidentified Objects On The Floor)

Julie Musil said...

That is laugh out loud funny. Oh, to see the awesomeness of something as simple as a tissue+loogie. You made my day!

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

So, so funny! And frightfully realistic of life with three kids (mine are all boys).

Thanks for the link! I'm going over to study it extensively.

Kimberly Franklin said...

Haha. Thanks for not posting that picture!! LOL. :) Thanks for the link!!

MissV said...

Wowzers! I was working my booty off today since tomorrow is hookie day. Thanks for the comments I didn't wanna see a picture of the loogie either (ewwww).

Slushpile Slut said...

Thank God for tissues!!! You're a hoot!

And thx for the link...Good stuff!