Join the Madness

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mock Me Monday - The Sequel

I gotta give


HUGE THANKS

to Sarah from Sarahwithachance for her phenomenal contest!

I won lunch with the FANTABULOUS Janet Reid and Suzi Townsend.  How cool is that?  My family and friends are fixin to muzzle me because it's all I can talk about.  I'm hoping to get to NYC in October. My sister is going to go with me and we'll make a long weekend (or short week?) of it.  Should be amazing, and I promise to file a full report!

Later that night my husband and I went to see Hot Tub Time Machine and the manager came in to give out free popcorn coupons and I won that too!  Was such a lucky day!

Before I get too far behind, I'm going to do double duty here.  Use last week's Five Things Tag from Lindsay (aka Isabella) over at Adventures in Writing as my Mock Me Monday entry.  

The rules: Answering five questions (five different ways) and then tag five others. Ready?

Where were you five years ago?
  1. Hmmmm. That'd be 2005.  I was at a job I was becoming increasingly disillusioned with, but was still too much of a chicken to quit and start over.
  2. Blissfully unaware of the cancer that would steal my mom from me :(
  3. Just moved into a bigger house.  
  4. Going to school part-time in the evenings.
  5. Wondering why my son (almost 2) wasn't talking.
Where would you like to be five years from now?
  1. I would like to be writing full-time from home.  It wouldn't take that much income, so it's a fairly reasonable dream.
  2. If #1 isn't possible, at least part-time
  3. I'd like to either have my degree or be really close to finishing it
  4. I want to go to England for my 20th Anniversary (just 3 years away)
  5. On the NYT Best seller list.  How's that for dreaming big?
What is (was) on your to-do list today?
  1. I've got to get client newsletters out with an announcement about our latest seminar/presentation.  (Address count: 900ish).  This includes printing, folding, stuffing, sealing & lugging to post office.  If our list gets any bigger I can make a case for outsourcing this!
  2. I've got a HUGE stack of electronic filing to take care of.   It's easy to forget about when it's electronic.  If it were still paper, it'd probably be about 1,500 pages worth of filing.  ACK.
  3. Plan details of Hookie Day for the kids.  May 14th the daughter wants to go to Des Moines to visit the East Village and this t-shirt shop.  That won't take long so I need to find other cool stuff on the way or in the vicinity, though she'd probably be happy just going to the mall.
  4. Be useful around the house for awhile.  Play with kids, do the dishes, etc.
  5. Attention to daily goals:  Go to the gym, drink my water, work on book.
What five snacks do you enjoy?
  1. Chocolate - in any form (try to avoid keeping it in the house though)
  2. Popcorn
  3. Chips (don't indulge in this often though...spirals out of control)
  4. Whipped Cream. Get your minds outta the gutter!  It's my ice cream substitute.
  5. When none of the others are present (which is often) I have a Diet Coke

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
  1. Go on one insane shopping extravaganza with the kids in NYC or somewhere.  One week of complete hedonism before settling back into reality.
  2. I'd set up some sort of charity, not sure what, but it would be anonymous and would be there for those at the end of their ropes.  Anonymously paying to keep electric/phone/whatever on, or having major groceries delivered that kind of thing.
  3. Billionaire?  Okay, maybe MAYBE I'd buy a slightly bigger house with a ton of land (keep the cranky neighbors at bay).  I don't need much, but it'd be nice to have a house that was exactly what I wanted.
  4. Travel.  A lot.
  5. Oh, yeah...retire from the day job so I could write whenever/wherever.
I've decided to tag the last five people who've followed me. I figure as the most recent additions, I have the most to learn about them:


  1. Lisa from notesfromnadir
  2. Suzyhayze from Tales of Extraordinary Ordinariness
  3. Zoe Courtman from No Letters on My Keyboard
  4. Mary McDonald from Mary McDonald Has The Write Stuff 
  5. Diane J from Contentedly Neurotic


    13 comments:

    The Alliterative Allomorph said...

    Congrats on winning the lunch! That's so exciting! :)

    Bish Denham said...

    Wow! Congratulations on lunch with Janet Reid!

    Lydia Kang said...

    I love these tag posts!
    And congrats on having such great luck lately!

    Creepy Query Girl said...

    That is SO cool that you won the contest! I can't wait to read about how it goes!

    Saumya said...

    Congrats on the contest!!! So amazing for you!

    Tahereh said...

    CONGRATS AGAIN AND AGAIN!!! you totes deserve it!! the lunch AND the free popcorn!! hehe :D

    have a blast, bestie! i want tons of pictures :D :D

    and thanks so much for sharing -- it was so cool to learn more about you!!

    <3333

    Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

    OMG, congratulations on winning the lunch. So excited for you. :)

    Shannon said...

    Congratulations on winning the lunch! Couldn't have happened to a better person. Take lots and lots of pictures. And notes. Maybe record it. ;)

    Dawn said...

    An exciting week! Congrats :-)

    Kimberly Franklin said...

    Wow.. New York... I'm so jealous!! I want to go there so bad. So yes, full report is expected!!

    Also, chocolate and whipped cream... yum!! :)

    Jen said...

    Way to go girl!!! How exciting!!!! Congratulations again!

    MissV said...

    Whew...what a day! Seem to be extra-short of time today.

    I'd like to invite y'all to lunch with me. We'll just fill up the whole restaurant and let Janet & Suzi move from table to table like it was a speed dating event. hahahaha!

    What a party it would be!

    Zoe C. Courtman said...

    Hey, MissV! Thanks again for the tag - linked to you over on my blog today :D Can't wait to hear about the lunch!