Join the Madness

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Miss K's new WIP



I found a list of great resources at Creative Barbed Wire:  Click here to see them for yourself.

I've also run across a TON of contests lately.  A couple have ereaders up for grabs.  I'm not entering these (saving the magic for another day, LOL) but thought I'd share the links nonetheless:

Justine's Contest is closed to entries, but you should check out the top 10 finalists...should be a hoot.

Other contests I've run across (I'm betting you've found a lot of these on your own, but I'll put them up here anyway)

Alliterative Allomorph's Blogging Idol
Lydia Kang's 150 follower celebration
Creepy Query Girl's Query Spoof
Zoe Courtman's ultimate interview contest
MisAdventures In CandyLand Contest
Under the Trolls Bridge Contest
Tahereh's Contest
Dawn's Contest
Books We Love Contest (ereader)
Here We Go Again (ereader)
Jaydee Morgan
B Miller Fiction Give Away





********************************************************
MissK read this too me the other night with such feeling.  I wish you could have heard her. Not sure where she got her idea for this, but it should be safe to eat/drink while you're reading this one.  No kissing scenes in here.


I lived in a small village; my family’s village. We had my little home, and it was my family. I was the special one. I was the special one because I was the only child. I didn’t have any siblings. Mom and Dad were the only other people living in my house. Lots of people lived around in my village. 

One fact was that we were all poor, struggling to survive. We hadn’t been on the news yet. But we knew news because we only had little TVs. I struggled with my life, because I didn’t have school, I didn’t have friends. Mom said you have to look hard enough to find the right person. I couldn’t do that though. I can’t look hard. 

All there was outside of this old village was straw houses that were strong, dusty dirt instead of concrete and clothes’ lines to dry and wash clothes. Boy, were we struggling. We tried so hard to stay alive. It just couldn’t happen. Many people on my village had died of hunger.

********************************************************


Last day to enter the Mother's Day Give Away!! 
Just send your favorite memory to missvspeaks(at)gmail(dot)com. 

4 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thanks for the link to Creative Barbed Wire!

Talli Roland said...

Wow - lots of contests. Thanks for the links. And what a wonderful story from Miss K!

Saumya said...

Aw, that is a nice story. And thanks for sharing these contests!

Julie Musil said...

Thanks for sharing the information!