Join the Madness

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Won...Again!


I'm an unusually lucky person.  I'm not complaining or anything, I rather enjoy being a lucky S.O.B.  But I do sometimes feel guilty--like I'm hoggin' all the Easter Eggs for myself.  And sometimes I feel like I might use up a lifetime's worth of luck in a short period of time, so I like to pace myself, not get too greedy. 

I have been refraining from entering contests lately, but I caved in to temptation during the blog jog tour.  And I won a $25 gift card!!  You may have heard an unusually loud "WOOT" yesterday afternoon / evening (depending on your time zone)  That would be me.  Celebrating.

The fabulous Deanna is the hostess with the mostest.  You should check out her blog here or you can check out her main website here that will link up to lots of other fun things. 

I've also been hoarding some awards lately...so let's see what I can do about catching up on that front, too. 

First up, the Blogger Mamma Award from Slushpile Slut


Then there is the Butterfly Award from the Alliterative Allomorph



The Beautiful Blogger Award from Saumya:


The Oh My Award from Lindsay





Sweet Friends Award from CandyLand


A is for Awesome Award from Nicole


THANK YOU to everyone who shared these with me.  I really appreciate them, and I'll get them posted on the sidebar soon.  I gotta pass these on.  But I also REALLY need to write tonight.  After 40,000 words I decided to rewrite everything from third to first person.  I'm only a thousand or so into the rewrite, but it is definitely feeling much stronger now...but it's time consuming.  

SOOOOOO, I KNOW it's a copout, but I say all of you deserve these awards (no, really, you DO) so if you would like one of them, go ahead and grab it.  Display it, pass it on, hoard it for weeks (like me).  

15 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

You're sweet to pass on the awards. Congratulations on all your wins and good luck with the rewrite.

Kristi said...

So you're the one that's been hogging all the luck??? I KNEW IT! LOL!

Totally kidding of course! Congrats on all the wins...and don't feel guilty. I'm sure you deserve it all. And best of luck with the rewrite..UGH...that sounds painful! (But better in the end, right?)

Happy Wednesday!

MissV said...

Theresa, I'm kicking myself with the rewrite because I knew at about 20,000 words that I should change it but nooooo, I pushed ahead. Oh well, it's all for the best, right?

Kristi, Yes, it's me...sorry! If it's any consolation I don't buy lottery tickets or powerball or any of those--so they're fair game.

JustineDell said...

Congrats on the awards! I've been hoarding too...it's okay ;-)

~JD

Dawn said...

So THAT is what I heard - the sound of a lucky SOB "wooting" - congrats :-) Now yes, go write.

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Congrats on the awards and gift card. You know I hoard too, so its cool. :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

Congrats on all the awards, you deserve them sweets! Good luck on the rewrite!

Wendy Ramer said...

Good luck with the voice change. I find myself a better writer in first person, not sure why. But lots has to change when you change voices...I hope it works out for you.

Candyland said...

Congrats!!!

Carolyn V. said...

Woo hoo, Congrats on the awards! =)

Kimberly Franklin said...

You're so lucky!!! Congrats on your awards. :)

MissV said...

Whew...I've fallen behind and I can't catch up! I'd blame hubby, but you'd all jump to wrong conclusions and I just don't have the time to explain it properly! (sigh)

Back to my pile...see how much I can get done before kids are in bed and I can turn to my WIP.

Tomorrow is Thankful Thursday, and boy do I have something to be thankful for!

Tahereh said...

OMG CONGRATS, YOU!!

you are DEFINITELY on a roll -- especially after winning lunch with JReid, ZOMG!

so excited for you!!!!

<33333333

Lola Sharp said...

Congrats on all the luck and the wins! WooHoo!

Good luck with your rewrites/changing your POV. :)

Love,
Lola

Shannon said...

Eeep! Good luck withe the rewrite! You can doo eett!