Join the Madness

Monday, May 24, 2010

Grrrr to Google Reader

When I left the house this morning, I had about 80 unread blogs.  I know that's daunting, but I hadn't been online much over the weekend.  When I checked in at the office it was up to 355!  You've GOT to be kidding me!!!

Lots of weird stuff going on.  Blog posts that were posted 2 weeks ago were showing up as new again, the one blog I unsubscribed from a week ago (a matter of principle) showed up again.  

All this to say that with hubs on vacation and cramping my internet browsing time and Google Reader giving me fits, don't take it personally if I seem to disappear.  I'm doing my best to keep up, but it's not going to be easy.

8 comments:

KarenG said...

I have my own blog complaints today. For some reason blogger will only let me show two posts at a time on my blog. Grrrr from me too. Even tho I've clicked the button to show 7,8,9, 10 whatever, nothing shows but 2 at a time. It's the little things that drive me crazy!!

Sandy Shin said...

There is definitely something wrong with Google Reader. Blogs I've unsubscribed from always show up whenever the writer posts something new -- it's rather irritating. And 300+! Mine was in the same range over the weekend, and it took me so long to go through all of them.

I'm constantly amazed how people who follow 500+ blogs do it!

Dawn said...

I hear ya - both on it being hard to keep up AND Blogger being weird. One blog at a time :-)

Vicki Rocho said...

Thank heavens I'm not alone.

I finally just marked them all as read. There's no way I can keep up with the list over 300. I'll just start fresh in the morning.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I don't know how to use google reader...I read your blog the old fashioned way...I chekc my blog roll and see if you posted in the last 12 hours. :) Yep, I'm over 40...

Talli Roland said...

Don't worry - enjoy your time with your husband and we'll all be here waiting! :)

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Don't worry, Google Reader is doing the same to me. :(

Carole Anne Carr said...

I had an opposite problem for a while, no posting of blogs at all! :0)