Join the Madness

Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Fun - The Chicken


Hookie Day for the littlest ones today!  I had to split them up into 2 days because my daughters bicker so much it drives me crazy!  We're going to Des Moines to the zoo and then the Science Station.  Weather should be beautiful, so what more could I ask for?  I'll tell you what...READING TIME! My fantastic hubbly bubbly is driving (he's golfing while the rest of us do our thing) so I will have two solid hours to read while he transports us.  AHHHHHH.  Gotta love it.

Anyway, on to the post for today.  I had so much fun reading your explanations about my husband's baby shower in Vegas last week (read them here), that we had to do it again.  Incidentally, I copied the responses into an email for him and he loved them so much he sent them to his friends! 

Without further ado, here is the last sentence I recently wrote in an email to my sister:

I'll keep everything crossed and keep talking to my chicken.

I realize that sounds bizarre taken out of context, but it ought to inspire some interesting stories from you!  Why am I crossing everything (but the road apparently) and why am I talking to my chicken?  What exactly is my chicken?  Is it real or imaginary or a code word for something else?

I cannot WAIT to read your replies!

And OH OH OH OH!  Have you looked?  I'm nearing the 100 follower mark!  And you know what that means!  Time to give away FREE STUFF!  I'm still debating what I wanna do for prizes, but the contest itself will be easy peasy.  More details on that next week.


Have a great holiday weekend, all!

13 comments:

Matthew Rush said...

Just an FYI Vicki, some people have blogger accounts but do not blog, they just do it so they can read and follow. Not sure if that's what's going on but just wanted to point it out.

That being said I think it is so nice that you make sure to do everything you can to reciprocate. That kind of give and take is what it's all about.

Also you are one of my very favorite reader/commentors!

Today's guest blogger is THE Elana Johnson!

Jen said...

Have a blast in Des Moines!!! I love Blank Park Zoo, always one of my favorites, it's small but has better things than the Houston Zoo if you can believe it!!! I also adore the Science Center, and the local Art Center as well, can you feel the jealousy beeming off of me??

OH I'm so glad your husband thought they were great! I never went back to see the rest so I'll have to be sure to do so.

Okay so you are crossing everything and talking to your chicken... this is strange, and yet extremely intriguing. I'm beginning to wonder if you two are playing a game, are you hiding the chickens eggs?

Theresa Milstein said...

Have fun on your hookie day!

I assume your chicken is your muse.

KarenG said...

Congrats on hitting 100! That's such an exciting milestone. Did I ever tell you my prize came? I enjoyed it very much! Have fun at the zoo!

Lydia Kang said...

Chicken is about to die before a chicken pageant (it's an award-winning-chicken) and it only perks up when you talk to it. If you don't get the money from the prize, your soul will get sold to the Devil.

How's that?

Oh, and congrats on the 100 followers! Hooray!

Janet Johnson said...

You have entered a lottery, so you are crossing your everything in hopes for the best and you are going to consult your fabulous psychic chicken to make sure you chose the right numbers. Ahh, to have a psychic chicken of my own. :)

JustineDell said...

OMG...I'm totally drawing a blank for this one. *Sigh* My brain must be fried.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

~JD

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I'm like you. I let my husband drive so that I can read. Fortunately he doesn't mind, and the kids have been inspired to read while we drive. Yep, even if we're just driving to the mall.

Congrats on coming to the 100 follower's mark! :D

Have a great weekend!

Jennifer Shirk said...

LOL! Your post made me chuckle.

Have a great hookie day and enjoy your reading time!

Shannon said...

Happy Friday, Vicki!

Sounds like you have a great day planned. I'm jealous that you can read in the car! Lucky.

Hrmm...
I'll keep everything crossed and keep talking to my chicken.

Sounds to me as if you're experimenting with a new religion.

Zoe C. Courtman said...

Doncha just love dualing siblings?? I have a 13-year-old and a 15-year-old (both boys) and they bicker like nobody's business sometimes!! But we're braving the bickering and doing some fun stuff this weekend too (Renaissance Fest and Six Flags!). Have fun on your Friday, mom!!

Talli Roland said...

Have a great weekend!

Hm... You're keeping your fingers crossed because you're about to jump out of plane parachuting and the chicken will be your one and only companion on your downfall towards Earth. (??!!)

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Okay, I'll give it a go...

You are keeping your fingers crossed because the chicken is about to do an amazing motorbike jump and you need to keep said chicken calm. Otherwise it will lay eggs. :)