Join the Madness

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Appeasing the Voyeur


I don't know about you, but when I see a picture of someone, I'm always looking at the background for clues to who they *really* are.  I especially love trying to read titles on their bookshelves.  

Soooo

I took pictures of my bookshelves to share. 

(there has to be at least ONE other voyeur out there like me) 

I believe if you click on the pics below you can see a bigger version where you can actually read titles.

Disclaimer:  There are a lot of political and religious books in the mix covering a wide range of beliefs...hubs and I like to cover all the angles is all.  So just because we have a Satanism &Witchcraft book does not mean we are practicing cultists, k?  The fact that it is between "The Messiah Stones" and "Cheeseburgers" ought to be a sign......

Enjoy!
 




10 comments:

Mr. Stupid said...

That's a huge collection. I could pin point a few books that I have. Others are just Novels and a few religious books. I have the one on "Buddhism" by Richard Gard. I found that in your collection.

Have an awesome day!:)

MissV said...

Hey ladies...did you notice for the two days we were talking about a baby shower, not a single man appeared. Change the title to something a little more risque, and the first one here is a man?

Sorry, Mr.S, not attacking. Just think it's really funny! We have a book on every major religion *somewhere* in that mess. Haven't read most of them yet, but we are an equal opportunity bookshelf!

Maribeth said...

Oh Miss V, you are toooo much!
Do you have a catalog system for this library?
Can't picture mine as I have moved and they are still in boxes. YUK!
Enjoy the day.
Maribeth
Giggles and Guns

Theresa Milstein said...

All those books... sigh.

When we moved from NY to MA, my husband and I got rid of a lot of books, mostly textbooks because it became too much. Others are in storage at my mother-in-law's house. My shelves are bursting with books, baskets, and photos. I need a bigger place!

KarenG said...

I love seeing books like this. Your bookshelves look so inviting!

Slushpile Slut said...

That's a lot of books Miss V... and I am a voyeur too, always peeking at the background of pics, especially on FB. And I have to add I like the fact that you have a broad range of interests....must be one of the reasons you're so cool!!

Janet Johnson said...

Seriously, you have a lot of shelves. Did see the Jane Austen collection. Nice! I don't think I'd dare post my messy shelves. :) But very fun to get a peek. :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Whew...That's a lot of books V! I've never thought about arranging them on their sides before. It seems like you are able to put a lot on the shelves that way. Thanks for the idea...

Sandy Shin said...

Love your bookshelves! There are so many books. :D

The Alliterative Allomorph said...

Whoah! Great collection there! And nice to meet the 'real' you :)