Join the Madness

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Schedule

Sample schedule
I've mentioned before about my struggle for balance in my life.  So I thought I'd share a typical day just for poops and giggles.

6:00 - 6:30 Wake up - catch up on blog reading/commenting
6:30 - 7:10 Wake up my son; get him dressed, fed and on the bus
7:10 - 8:15  Wake up daughters. Direct their dressing, feeding, and school departure.  Do my own showering, dressing, feeding and departing.  If there's time left over I might do dishes or pick up the house a bit.
8:15 - 8:30 Drop oldest off at school, head to work.
8:30 - 5:00 Work, work, work.  Fill in cute little boxes with cute little numbers and forward cute little checks to mondo investment companies.  Jealous?
5:00 - 5:15 Drop day's mail at post office, head home
5:15 - 6:00 Help finish cooking dinner.  Eat, clean up (sometimes we leave dishes til morning, but I'm always the one putting leftovers away)
6:00 - 7:00 check email; check kids' back packs, etc.  Often this is prime chauffeuring time.  Sometimes this is when I go hide at the library to write for a bit.
7:00 - 8:00 Baths, snacks, snuggles. When I do go to the gym, it's usually in this time frame so I can get home in time to tuck the little ones in.
8:00 - 9:00 Start ushering kidlings to bed.
9:00 - 11:30 AHHHH!  The house is mine.  When all else fails, this is when I get to write.

What does your schedule look like?  If you had an extra three hours a day (why settle for just one?), what would you do with it?  Personally, I would just like the ability to stop time so that when I'm on a roll writing (or cleaning or sleeping or whatever) I could finish up at my leisure without encroaching on the rest of the schedule.


Progress Report:
Exercise: 25 mins.  Half running on treadmill and half on the stationery bike.
Water:  9 glasses...yay!
Book: Cut some, added in 1,500 for a new total of 37665 - baby steps, but I'll get there.

I can so see me taking this to the beach (ahem, I feel obliged to point out that I live in Iowa and that there are no oceans anywhere near here so the 'beaches' to which I refer are lakeside)



7 comments:

JustineDell said...

Wow - that's busy day! I think I may do a post on one of my days now. Good idea!

If I had three extra hours of time, I would just write. I don't have enough time to do that now with everything else, so it would be write, write, write.

~J

Carole Anne Carr said...

Well done you, coping with that every day. Used to do the same, reading your day brings back memories, wonder how I managed it, but it is the norm at the time isn't it. Enjoy your family.
Carole.

Shannon said...

I have so much respect for people who are writing a novel and have children. I seriously don't know how you do it!

Next time I complain about not having enough time in the day, I'm coming back to this post!

Thanks! Shannon

creepyquerygirl said...

A normal week-
wake up 7am- shower, feed kids, get them ready for school.
8am- hubby gets up and plays taxi- taking me to work, and kids to school.
12pm- home for lunch (I work part time and depending on the day, I could be home for the remainder of the day) This is when I catch up on cleaning.
1:30pm Youngest goes down for nap, I write, blog etc...
4:50pm girls get home from school. Snack time. I usually write or internet while they play.
7:00pm serve dinner, clean dinner, clean children, get them into bed for
8:30pm
They usually call me back in the room for an hour afterwords so
9:30-12:00am- house is mine!!! sound familiar? I catch up on episodes of shows I miss from not being in the US (online streaming is a dream come true) and write, and blog....:)

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Wow busy day, I am in awe. I came here from creepyquerygirl's blog :)

roxy said...

I can so relate to your schedule. You deserve some appreciation, MissV. I posted an award for you today. :)

MissV said...

Ahhhhh, I'm feelin' the love tonight (there's a slim chance it's just the rum in my Diet Coke, but let's not go there).

Thanks for the comments - always a bright spot in my day to sit back and read what y'all have to say!

Happy writing to everyone!