Join the Madness

Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Drivers

A very quiet Easter Sunday here. The kids did their annual treasure hunt to find their baskets. It was so much fun watching them read each clue and run upstairs and downstairs to find the next egg/clue. We went to watch How To Train Your Dragon afterwards.

Mind you, we don't go see many movies as a family. It's a little pricey for one, but for a long time we didn't know whether or not the youngest would be able to sit still through the movie. It only takes a time or two chasing him through the lobby (or worse, the theater!) before you decide maybe it's not such a great idea to bring him along.

HOWEVER, he did awesome today! I'm so happy I could bust. He sat on my lap the whole time, and actually watched the movie. I think he's well on his way to becoming a dragon expert. haha. He's looking forward to Shrek III and Toy Story 3, and I feel much more comfortable taking him if I can trust him to behave like he did today!

On another front, my daughter got her driver's permit this weekend. She is suddenly interested in accompanying anyone who leaves the house in the hopes of getting a chance to practice driving. She's doing a great job, but ACK! It's really hard relinquishing control. Obviously I want her to get all the practice she can before she is sent out on her own, but my nerves need some soothing. My issue, not hers, but I think anyone who's taught a teenager to drive can relate!


No comments: