Join the Madness

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mock Me Monday

I think I've stumbled across my first blog cornerstone: Mock Me Mondays.  I think I have enough material between musical taste (or lack thereof), bad pictures, and stories to keep you laughing (at my expense) for months! 


First up - the theme song to my adolescent years.  My brothers used to call them Depressed Mode, but I never found their music depressing.  In fact, someday I'm going to write a paper based on their lyrics.  I find new meaning in them all the time, depending on what's going on in my life.


So, the first time I heard this song, I was 15.  I'd borrowed my friend's Walkman (remember those? How they USED to be cool? I'm SOOOO dating myself here!) and two of her Depeche Mode tapes for study hall (Deb, where ever you are I love ya!).


Few people I've met since have seen the genius in this song, so go ahead and MOCK ME in the comments.  Paste in a link to your favorite, or pledge your undying devotion to the Mode...it's all good.


LISTEN ALONG HERE


I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She'll hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me



I want somebody who cares
For me passionately
With every thought and
With every breath
Someone who'll help me see things
In a different light
All the things I detest
I will almost like
I don't want to be tied
To anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear of
Those things
But when I'm asleep
I want somebody
Who will put their arms around me
And kiss me tenderly
Though things like this
Make me sick
In a case like this
I'll get away with it





EXERCISE: 2 hours 50 minutes (8.5 miles)
WATER:  Woeful - 3 glasses & I dunno how much Diet Coke
BOOK:  I'm working on character sheets for the next few days, so word count will stagnate at just under 40K.  I need to nail down some details once and for all.  
I've also got to do some research.  I need to talk to a  police officer so I know given the current state of events whether my MC would be arrested and charged or merely questioned.  Luckily, my boss knows the Chief of Police here in town, so I'm hoping for the cost of a coffee (or lunch) I can get the information I need.  I just want to be prepared so I can get as much information as possible out of one meeting.

6 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

omg, what adolescent girl wouldn't love that song? I used to listen to the 'romeo and juliet' soundtrack constantly. I was really into sublime too.

Talli Roland said...

I love this song! It always gives me warm fuzzies!

Lydia Kang said...

OMGOMG, I was such a DM fan when I was younger! I loved Martin Gore's voice so much.
You rock! DM is so awesome!!!!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Yay, for research! I'm glad to hear you're not just making up the details.

MissV said...

Yikes! I've been having blogger issues today! So frustrating!

Talli, I agree! Even my husband uses the Mode against me sometimes hahahah!

Lydia, Martin is my favorite! I almost ran into him before their concert in Vegas. We were running late, so had to park waaaaaaaaaaaay out in the middle of nowhere behind the hotel. He'd just gotten off the bus (all black leather), and I nearly knocked him over. Didn't even manage a "hi" I was so shocked!

Stina, Research can go on forever, can't it? I have to double check everything because suddenly I'm not sure of anything! ARGH!

Tahereh said...

hahahaha you're so cute! love this!! i can't wait for next week.. hehe

also: i LOVES me some depeche mode.