Join the Madness

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Liar Liar Pants on Fire!

Whew, I haven't said THAT since I was in grade school!

I was the happy recipient of the Creative Writing Award from Lydia Kang at The word is my Oyster



and so according to the rules (and similar to Steena's fun Lying Game the other day) I must disguise the truth in a pack of lies...or maybe it's the lie in a pack of truth?

Whatever...I'm changing the rules to suit my mood.  You tell me which of these is true and which of these is false:  (oh this is gonna be so much fun!)

1. I was once mistaken for Anna Nicole Smith.  NOT in person, no no...we don't look anything alike, I assure you.  But I did get a series of phone calls from directors and whatnot when I was living in Vegas. I used to be a Smith you see and I was in the phone book (she wasn't).

2. A few years ago, my husband and I went to Vegas on vacation.  I had a friend who had a pilot's license so while my hubby was off golfing with his friend, we went up in a little Cessna touring the Vegas Valley by air.  It was all going great, except those little planes don't have air conditioning.  I am pre-disposed to heat stroke, and this was AUGUST so it didn't take long for the heat to get the best of me and I ended up throwing up all over myself. 

3. I dated a guy once that my friend flagged down for me on the Vegas Strip.  He told me his name was Michael, and after a few weeks of dating, he invited me to go bowling with his sister and a couple other people.  Everyone was calling him George, and at first I thought it was a joke, but he confessed later that night his real name was George and he told me it was Michael because he hated George.  

4. I dated a guy once that worked as a taxi driver.  Someone stole his little zippered pouch of cash one night.  After he got off work he came over and picked me up and we drove by the Prime Suspect's house.  I should mention that the whole reason he suspected these particular individuals was because of their race, which I found so distasteful, we broke up soon after. NOT a supporter of racial profiling!  Anyway, while I waited in the car, he snuck around the car and stole their garbage can!  Stuck it in the trunk of his car (sideways)  and drove to a remote location to sift through it to see if the pouch was in there. It wasn't.

5. I pulled the fire alarm at school once.  I was in second or third grade. I'd gotten the hall pass to go to the bathroom, and on the way back to my room, I was running my hand along the concrete wall, enjoying the feel of the bumps under my fingers.  The red fire box was right outside my class room.  My eyes were glued to it as I approached.  I swear I had the little angel-devil on my shoulders duking it out, just like on cartoons.  I wasn't going to pull it, but at the last minute the devil won and I gave it a yank. There was a two second delay before the siren went off, which let me get just inside the classroom door.  I whispered the secret to my best friend when were lined up outside and I'm SURE she ratted on me though she swore she didn't. I was grounded for a month.

ANSWERS will get posted on Friday.  
EXERCISE: 30 mins - to the gym after kids were in bed.
WATER: 8 glasses again, woo hoo!  I'm on a roll, y'all
BOOK: Well, something had to pay the price.

13 comments:

Wendy Ramer said...

I hope it's the fire alarm story, b/c I've always wanted to do that.

Bish Denham said...

I'm going to go with #2. One of those embarrassing true moments.

JustineDell said...

Ewh, I sure hope it's not #2! I'm going to guess #4...but I think #5 could be true as well. I mean, who didn't want to do that as a child? ;-)

~JD

Jen said...

I'm going with #3, because it would be so random and funny if it were true!!!

#5 would be sweet too!

Creepy Query Girl said...

hmn. I think there all good. No idea which ones are true. I'm gonna go with the anna nicole smith story:)

Karen Walker said...

Hi there Miss V. Another Richard Gere fan? Yum. But you are way younger than me, so of course you've never seen Splendor in the Grass. It's from 1963 (I think). I was 14. Nice to "meet" you.
Karen

Ann said...

Hi Miss V. Delighted you took the time to visit my blog, even if you can't remember how you got there!!! Serendipity. I think I am going to go with Number 2 for the truth, but if you are doing it the other way, I will go with Number 1 for the lie. Really, someone expected to find the telephone number in the phone book?? Really???

Elana Johnson said...

Uhh...I have no idea! I'm not even going to try to guess. I'll wait for Friday to get to know you better!

MissV said...

Good guesses, everyone!

Will just say there could be multiple trues or multiple falses. 'Cuz I like to make up my own rules.

Tahereh said...

ALL OF THEM ARE TRUE.

you can't fool me!!!

buahahahaa

Diane J. said...

I'm going with all true. Either that or have the best imagination. Hmmm, maybe they're all lies. I don't know, but whatever it is the stories are great. Just stumbled across your blog and enjoy it.

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Oh, I so want all of them to be true. That would be great. :)

Lydia Kang said...

I"m going to pick the most kinda innocuous one, #5. Looking forward to learning the truth!