Join the Madness

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Introduction

Introductions suck. Agreed?

I'm walking the fine line between sharing pertinent information and detail overload. I keep typing and deleting, typing and deleting. That's the perfectionist in me. It's a little intimidating to type something for the whole world to see, don't ya think? Right now I'm relatively anonymous, but I know I can't count on it staying that way.

So, for simplicity's sake (and because my finger is getting blisters from deleting) let's just share the basics and assume the rest will come out over time. Deal?

I'm 39, and turn 40 on 10-10-10. I like the sound of that. I remember thinking about that date when I was a kid and thinking how far off that was - haha - time passes whether you want it to or not, so the last year or so I've been trying to get off my butt and DO things. Trying to take control of my life rather than just floating along letting life happen to me. That sounds worse than it is. Most people who float along are eternal victims. NOT the case here. I have a pretty nice life, but I wonder where I COULD be if I were actually rowing the boat?

I am married (yes, happily!) and have three wonderful kidlings all still living at home. I placed a daughter for adoption before I ever met my husband. It's never been a secret, but it's not exactly something that comes up casually in conversation. I'm just throwing it out there so it won't look like I was trying to hide it later.

I have my first ever 5k in two weeks and I'm soooo not ready. I've been 'training' on the treadmill at the gym and thought I was making great progress until I tried a short run around my neighborhood. Oh. My. God. I'm in such trouble. There's a huge difference between running on a treadmill and actually running up and down hills. I'm hoping my pride gets me through once I'm in the presence of real runners...I don't want anyone see me stopping!

It's almost 4:30 now, and my battery is almost dead (the laptop's and my own internal one) so I'm going to send this out into cyberspace and go back to bed.

No comments: