Join the Madness

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Award Sharing...

All rightie, happy Sunday morning to you!  As you read this over your blueberry pancakes, I am walk-walk-walking with my daughter's March of Dimes team.  8.5 miles of walking.  Apparently they need an adult with them since they're all minors--and of all parental units I was chosen...or all the other parents wiggled out of it, I dunno.  Last year we had a great time but OMG my feet were killin' me!

Enough about me though, let's get down to business.

Last week I received the Awe-inspiring Awesomesauce Award from CreepyQueryGirl and Roxy. And just yesterday I got the Beautiful Blogger Award from Saumya.  These ladies all rock, and if you haven't strolled by their blogs yet, I highly recommend you do.  In fact, if you'd like to click on the hyperlinks now, I'll wait............

(lalalalalalalalalala)

(waiting waiting waiting)

You're back?  Allrightie then, let me send these awards on to new homes.

First up, the Awesomesauce Award.  Let's take a gander, shall we?


The nominees are:

  1. Matthew Rush - for boldly sharing all the ups and downs of Querying.
  2. Shannon McMahon -  her recipes alone are worth a peek.  I just feel at-home when I visit her blog.
  3. Justine Dell - Always encouraging, such a positive influence!
  4. Lindsey (aka Isabella) - Because her writing process blog cracked me up!
  5. Little Miss J - Because she went out of her way to help a fellow writer.  If that's not awesome, I dunno what is!
Actually, you're ALL winners, I just always wanted the chance to say 'and the nominees are'. hahaha.


Now, for the Beautiful Blogger Award...


I'm bestowing this baby on:
  1. Slushpile Slut - Well she's awesome, but besides that, she's taught me how to implement a template...now I just gotta find one I like enough to implement!
  2. Wendy Ramer - for knowing my favorite song ever and for going out of her way to look for French Vanilla Mint yumminess.  
  3. Stina and Steena - Hey, they're having a CONTEST and I'm suckin' up.  Contest is still open, and even though telling you about it diminishes my chances of winning, you should check it out and enter.
  4. Allie at Hyperbole & Half - I just discovered this and I laughed until I cried. Such genius needs to be recognized.
  5. Tahereh - Because a girl can never have too many besties.  Seriously, visiting her blog is like flopping on your best friend's couch.
The Beautiful Blogger rules say I'm s'posed to share seven things with you.  So, let's see what I can come up with.

  1. I grew up between a small Iowa town (population: 250) and Las Vegas (population: a lot). A bit of an oxymoron, that.
  2. I hate all creepy crawlies.  If I find someone didn't properly seal a box of cereal, crackers, or what have you, I CANNOT eat from it anymore for fear a critter crawled inside.
  3. I believe in ghosts, psychics, etc.  If you grew up in my family, you would too!
  4. My bedroom walls are painted orange.
  5. I keep the eggs in the egg carton balanced at all times - taking one from each corner and working towards the center.  If I take it out and someone else has taken from an end, I will redistribute them.
  6. I still feel guilty for breaking someone's heart when I was 14.
  7. I am scared of thunderstorms because they can spawn tornadoes.  I get very uptight when the weather is bad. 
I wish I could give an award to EVERYONE, because you are all so deserving and I'm so glad to have 'met' each of you!  

    8 comments:

    Wendy Ramer said...

    Thank you so much. As it happens, another blogger gave me this award a few days ago, so I've already written my acceptance speech to be posted tomorrow morning. It now includes you!

    Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

    Aww, thanks for the award. Feeling all fuzzy now, may have to do some dancing ;)

    JustineDell said...

    Thanks for the award! Happy weekend!

    ~JD

    Steena Holmes said...

    Oh you are just a sweetie! Thank you ;)

    I'm off to check out the other blogs now :)

    Stina Lindenblatt said...

    Thanks for the gorgeous award! :D

    I recognize some of these blogs, and they definitely deserve a prize. :D

    Off to check out the other one. :)

    Slushpile Slut said...

    Thanks for the award Miss V and good luck with that template...I ended up removing mine for some fickle reason. I just couldn't find one that screamed Slut! I too believe in Psychics and Ghosts and I think that's too funny about the eggs!

    Shannon said...

    Thanks for the award and the sweet comment! You made my day!

    Testing said...

    testing comments